Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1960 To 1970 American Ford Falcons - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Okay guys here are the pics I have of the 63 Falcon Wagon I am looking at. (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4551)

RustyNCa 05-22-2008 01:38 PM

Okay guys here are the pics I have of the 63 Falcon Wagon I am looking at.

What do you all think? Resonable cost, etc.

That one rear qtr looks like it may be an issue?

the current owner had been using it as a daily commuter. He has a new petronix unit in it.

fomoco59 05-22-2008 02:08 PM

Bryan.. I think it's a good solid car to refurbish. Offer him $1k at most. Cars like that are hard to find in the Northeast. When you're done with it, I'll buy it to replace my F150. :)

RustyNCa 05-22-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fomoco59 (Post 21332)
Bryan.. I think it's a good solid car to refurbish. Offer him $1k at most. Cars like that are hard to find in the Northeast. When you're done with it, I'll buy it to replace my F150. :)

Hmm, well, that's what I am struggling with, he is asking 3,900 for it.

There is another one up in Renton Wa and that one is listed for 2,500, maybe I could con El Guapo to check it out. Noted another one, but a four door in the same shape near here and it shows for 3,500 OBO.

fomoco59 05-22-2008 02:52 PM

SO? offer him a grand... leave him your phone number. You'd be suprised. My buddy used to do that all the time. The deals he'd get drove me nuts. Brought home a NICE 65 Bird for $200.00 once. The guy called him a month after he offered him $200... said "come get it." I've learned to do it myself now... I'm usually too impulsive.

RustyNCa 05-22-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fomoco59 (Post 21334)
SO? offer him a grand... leave him your phone number. You'd be suprised. My buddy used to do that all the time. The deals he'd get drove me nuts. Brought home a NICE 65 Bird for $200.00 once. The guy called him a month after he offered him $200... said "come get it." I've learned to do it myself now... I'm usually too impulsive.

Yep, impulsive, that would be me as well... have nothing to loose by doing it so I think I will do that.

Thanks for the tip.

El Guapo 05-22-2008 04:48 PM

I'd be glad to check on a car for you if you need.

RustyNCa 05-23-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Guapo (Post 21345)
I'd be glad to check on a car for you if you need.

Kool, thanks, I will see where the one down here goes first. I'm trying decide if I should call him and low ball him, or drive down to see it and then low ball him with the cash. Only thing is, that's a 2 hour drive one way.

6TB1RD 05-24-2008 10:41 AM

where is she

Rusty
where is this located you said 2 hours south I live in the Sacramento area. and NO not to buy it but to check it out and get a feel of how he feels about the car.

You might have a problem with me if it was an automatic. but being a stick I would not be able to drive it to much knee sugary made sure of that.

The area looks familiar just let me know.

FeFranco 05-24-2008 04:31 PM

I am in Contra Costa County if you need someone in this area. I would love to check it out for you also.

fomoco59 05-27-2008 11:04 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...em230256080794&

Pretty nice Falcon wagon in Santa Rosa, CA