Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Glovebox Light Question (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3571)

bcomo 11-09-2007 10:24 AM

Glovebox Light Question

Here's a good question for anyone.

There was a Glovebox Light option listed, and my 60 has the light bulb.

But, the glovebox was butchered when it was replaced, and the bulb just hangs in there now. I think that it should have a clip or something to hold it in there.

Does anyone have this option on their 58-60 and describe, or better yet, post a photo of what it should look like?

If so, it would be nice for the tech section too.

Alexander 11-09-2007 02:55 PM

1960 Thunderbird Glove Box Light

I happened to take a picture of the glove box light when I disassembled my Golde Top dash a week ago.

That metal clip around bulb socket unsnaps. I might have it on backwards. I have the diagrams of how it is installed, but not with me. I can get it next week.

bcomo 11-09-2007 03:06 PM

What a guy !!!!!!!!!

Yes, I see that the bulb pushes in the same hole diameter as for instument lights. I can make that bracket.

Hopefully the instuctions that you have will tell me where the bracket screws in to, and where the hole is made in the glove box or I'll ruin it.

Thanks very much.

byersmtrco 11-14-2007 02:34 AM

Glove box lights ??!!! You guys must have the deluxe models!!!!

bcomo 11-14-2007 10:38 AM

Alexander:

Are you able to post the installation instructions yet?

Thanks

Alexander 11-14-2007 11:11 AM

I will do it tonight.

tbirdtom 11-14-2007 08:40 PM

Glove Box Light

My car had a glove box light when I bought it. The glove box cardboard has a round hole in it for the light to shine through. The bracket attaches to one of the screws that holds the box trim. The bracket and bulb are behind the box and you can only see the bulb through the hole.
I hope this makes sense, and I hope mine is right!

Tom Young

Alexander 11-14-2007 10:57 PM

bcomo 11-15-2007 12:02 AM

tbirdtom:

That goes along with the instructions. I think that you're right that the bracket would have to be behind the box because of the trim pieces --as you said.

Alexander:

Thanks very much for posting the instructions. I wouldn't have figured it out with just a word description.

You always seem to pull this stuff out of a hat. Next Halloween, you need to dress up as a Magician. ;)

Trunk light is next on my list.

tbird430 11-15-2007 11:50 AM

That is a pretty cool, and RARE option indeed. :cool: