Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1964 To 1966 Flairbirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My '66 Hardtop Town Build (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21048)

simplyconnected 04-18-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jopizz (Post 107782)
Going by the dry rot those tires should've been replaced about thirty years ago...

It's hard to argue against this alligator tire. I'm sure that's why it lost air and went flat.
Of course, the deep cracks don't show until the rubber is folded back. - Dave

Cwcb08 04-19-2017 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyconnected (Post 107799)

It's hard to argue against this alligator tire. I'm sure that's why it lost air and went flat.
Of course, the deep cracks don't show until the rubber is folded back. - Dave

Exactaly, aside from the massive hole in photo 5 you don't see any of the big cracks from this photo^

Cwcb08 06-20-2017 02:19 PM

been a while since i posted, not a lot of progress but some

jopizz 06-20-2017 04:59 PM

Are you changing the interior color? I doubt the original carpet color was black looking at the console and seats.

John

Cwcb08 06-20-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jopizz (Post 109136)
Are you changing the interior color? I doubt the original carpet color was black looking at the console and seats.

John

Original carpet was green, but we decided to do black in case we change the seat colours from green to black, black is easy to coordinate

simplyconnected 06-20-2017 07:49 PM

Your new carpet sure does look nice, Cody.

jopizz 06-20-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cwcb08 (Post 109139)
Original carpet was green, but we decided to do black in case we change the seat colours from green to black, black is easy to coordinate

I agree. That color combination is not for everybody. I believe it's actually called Ivy Gold. I've had a couple of 66's with that color interior and it takes some getting used to.

John

Cwcb08 06-20-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jopizz (Post 109141)
I agree. That color combination is not for everybody. I believe it's actually called Ivy Gold. I've had a couple of 66's with that color interior and it takes some getting used to.

John

It is ivy gold yes, ever seen vinyl seats with (what looks like yarn) overtop the vinyl in the center, none of the seat covers we have looked at have that option

I like black and green so this combo works good for us haha

jopizz 06-20-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cwcb08 (Post 109143)
It is ivy gold yes, ever seen vinyl seats with (what looks like yarn) overtop the vinyl in the center, none of the seat covers we have looked at have that option

There was a vinyl/cloth option available but I don't think any of those seat cover combinations are being reproduced. They weren't that common that's for sure.

John

Yadkin 06-20-2017 10:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cwcb08 (Post 109143)
...ever seen vinyl seats with (what looks like yarn) overtop the vinyl in the center, none of the seat covers we have looked at have that option...

My '64 had cloth and vinyl seats. Some sort of aluminum thread mixed into the weave to give it a sparkle. Here's a picture before my resto-mod, so they are badly faded. I do recall finding a vendor that had the material but I decided to go with leather instead.