Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1964 To 1966 Flairbirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My '66 Hardtop Town Build (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21048)

Cwcb08 10-29-2016 10:32 PM

My '66 Hardtop Town Build

starting this thread to document my build/repair progress:

the day we brought it home

our goal is to have a weekend car that we could jump in any time and go for a drive, first hurdle is get it up to ontario minimum safety standards so we can get in on the road, then we will work on making her a little prettier

Cwcb08 10-29-2016 10:32 PM

started off chasing electrical issues:

fixed the 4 ways

changed the low fuel light relay so it wasn't permanently illuminated

replaced the interior lights relay

adjusted the previously replaced brake light relay so they work after fixing the 4ways

Cwcb08 10-29-2016 10:34 PM

window motors need repair or replaced

Cwcb08 10-29-2016 10:39 PM

parts!

light cover

heater core

fresh air inlet gasket

battery hold down

washer fluid pump

washer fluid res

looked and found i have a remanufactured autolite 4100 carb

scumdog 10-30-2016 02:37 AM

Keep posting!
I have been/are doing improvements on my own '66 Town Landau, i.e in the throes of putting new intake gaskets and the original 4100 on it and then a new vacuum advance can on the distributor etc etc...

Cwcb08 11-06-2016 04:40 PM

looks like the car got hit by a tornado

replacing vacuum lines as needed
will change out the cvr for a solid state one from dave and replace damage heater hoses before putting the dash back together

Cwcb08 11-18-2016 05:25 PM

Got some parts for the bird

and my pickup today

Dan Leavens 11-19-2016 10:31 AM

Cody looks like Christmas came early. Good stuff:D

Cwcb08 11-19-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Leavens (Post 104916)
Cody looks like Christmas came early. Good stuff:D

My birthday is the 22nd hopefully get more parts at Christmas lol

That cowl drain was definitely due to be replaced lol, both fronts were in that condition, the rears weren't nearly that bad but needed to be replaced anyway. The rears have a one time use clamp but the new boots fit tight so I won't bother getting a hose clamp to put on them

Yadkin 11-19-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cwcb08 (Post 104732)
looks like the car got hit by a tornado

replacing vacuum lines as needed
will change out the cvr for a solid state one from dave and replace damage heater hoses before putting the dash back together

What shape is the padded dash in? Mine was split so I trimmed off the warped plastic, cut out rotted foam, and replaced it with great stuff fire retardant foam. I bought a plastic cover and hated it! I ended up having a local upholsterer cover it in leatherette, French stitching at the exposed edge to make the compound curves, and it's one of my favorite parts of my resto. I took the dash out to him, and therefore the cost wasn't much more than a cheap cover.