Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1961 To 1963 Bulletbirds, Rocketbirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Strut Rod Bolts (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20712)

Phantom62 07-13-2016 12:20 AM

Strut Rod Bolts

Hello all, my name is Jon and have a 1962 Ford Thunderbird Convertible that I am restoring. I have a question regarding the Strut Rod mounting bolts and lock plate for the attachment to the lower control arm. I have not been able to source replacement bolts and the lock plate to prevent the bolt head from turning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of your help.

jopizz 07-13-2016 12:55 PM

I'm not sure about the bolts but the lock plate is probably not available new. You might want to check with Bob's Bird House and see if they have any good used ones. The bolts are 5/8-11 x 2 3/32 square head if that helps.

John

YellowRose 07-13-2016 01:08 PM

Strut Rod Bolts

If you don't find anything at Bob's Bird House, try Thunderbird Hqs, or the Bird Nest in Oregon. Or put something in For Sale / Parts Wanted regarding the parts you need. I do not recall anyone having a Bulletbird parts car listed there, but you might check that...

Phantom62 07-13-2016 11:44 PM

Thanks for the information, I appreciate all your help!

GeoffInCarlsbad 07-14-2016 12:12 PM

All Ford Parts

You may want to try All Ford Parts out of Valley Center, CA. They have access to over 100 Ford T-Birds of a variety of generations. She may have what you need.

Send me a PM and I can provide the phone # to you.

Larry's T-Birds may have it too.....

~g

YellowRose 07-14-2016 02:42 PM

Strut Rod Bolts

Another place you might want to check is Hilltop Classics in Oceanside, CA. Look in the Advertisements Forum and you will find their website and contact information. They have a lot of used tbird parts I understand.

GeoffInCarlsbad 07-14-2016 07:21 PM

Hilltop Classics

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowRose (Post 102528)
Another place you might want to check is Hilltop Classics in Oceanside, CA. Look in the Advertisements Forum and you will find their website and contact information. They have a lot of used tbird parts I understand.

Hi:

Hilltop is in Escondido, CA. They can be reached at: www.hilltopclassics.net

~g