Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Randy's update (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19940)

Randy 09-30-2017 10:51 PM

I had to lift bird higher first attempt didn't fare so well. I have been at it all day and this car is the last to get over to the property , that swaybar put a big hurt on me, (and today my legs feel the pain) But I had in my mind to get all done that day, so all was left is to tow it home. and a BIG thanks to Dave Dare who with a emergency call for Help , Dave put my wheel hub on and help find missing washer , I was so fazzled and stove-up, Dave help calm me and we found the part we needed . Yay made my day. I know it sounds simple to those who are familiar with wheel bearings and what could be hard about putting on one suspension bar, well let me tell you, I ask that bar the same question? we went at it "mano a mano" . and today my body is asking me are you sure you won. my legs feel like I climb the stairs all day. haha.

bird 60 10-01-2017 03:05 AM

Way to go Randy, keep up the good work.

Chris.....From OZ.

Randy 10-02-2017 11:08 PM

maby this will work
.................................................. ..........................
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV3lmy-mzQ0 .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................thats a link to a video from the small part of the other day. .................................................. I'm not having a good upload speed in the new place, and I forgot how to post video.! [IMG]DSC03908 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] it is riding(sitting) high with new front springs.[IMG]DSC03916 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]

Randy 10-15-2017 11:34 PM

home now for some jack get back to it.
click on pic. short video

Straighten out by Randy harsha, on Flickr

scumdog 10-15-2017 11:52 PM

Well done Randy and great that Dave can help you.

You remind me of myself with all that thrashing around and huffing an grunting, ah the delights of getting older!!

Oh and your 'workshop' is not that dissimilar to mine - but I guess is yours will be warmer.

DKheld 10-16-2017 02:55 PM

" and today my body is asking me are you sure you won? "

:D

I know the feeling exactly - glad to hear Dave came to the rescue and you guys worked it out. Always a lot of fun to read your posts and even better when you win and the car gets fixed!

Eric

Randy 10-16-2017 06:05 PM

this is sure makes it a lot more fun when you have help! and
someone to tell, and you watch someone project come in focus , (not mine) LOL. A big high five to you Squares.

Dan Leavens 10-17-2017 08:14 AM

Randy glad all worked out and we are all very lucky to have a mentor in Dave Dare and call upon his experience.
That is why I have always said this is the best TBird site on the planet:D

Randy 10-17-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Leavens (Post 111796)
Randy glad all worked out and we are all very lucky to have a mentor in Dave Dare and call upon his experience.
That is why I have always said this is the best TBird site on the planet:D

Yes indeed. Dave Dare has a way that is like no other, he always make you feel well, and can paint you a picture with a story .