Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1960 T-Bird Project (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18378)

Wudro 02-02-2015 09:46 PM

1960 T-Bird Project

1 Attachment(s)
Found a Wounded Bird, going to Nurse Her back to Health. She'll fly again... In the meantime, got my work cut out for me. This is what I wanted so Wish Me Luck!

YellowRose 02-02-2015 10:09 PM

1960 T-Bird Project

Congratulations on saving that Wounded Bird, Ryan! Down the road with a lot of TLC, she will look like the Bird she was when she flew outta Wixom 55 years ago! As you need help with her, post away in the '58-'60 Squarebirds Forum. They will be a big help to you.

Wudro 02-02-2015 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What a Cool Place to be a Part of... Just what the Internet should be used for. Communication. Thx!

jopizz 02-02-2015 10:46 PM

You're very fortunate to still have the skirts. Usually they're the first things to disappear.

John

Wudro 02-02-2015 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They're both there in Excellent AZ shape. Score one in the Win Column. Had no idea they were so rare. I've already seen a few at some Boneyards out here in the Desert. Good to Know

Dan Leavens 02-03-2015 10:15 AM

Ryan thanks for the compliment about our site and yes these people know what they are talking about as they have been there. In no time in your restoration project your bird will " fly " and turning heads:D

Wudro 02-04-2015 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Trying to figure out what motor and tranny combo I'm going to put in here. YellowRose kindly gave me some great advice. Looking into the 390. If anybody has started a project without an original setup I'd love to hear any suggestions or recommendations on threads that would be helpful... Thanks!

Dakota Boy 02-04-2015 09:14 AM

If you want to entertain the idea of putting a 429/460 in there, I can give you some pros and cons. The transmission in my car is a C6.

RustyNCa 02-04-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jopizz (Post 89889)
You're very fortunate to still have the skirts. Usually they're the first things to disappear.

John

I noticed that and thought the same thing. I'm lucky enough to have two sets of them :)

RustyNCa 02-04-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wudro (Post 89942)
Trying to figure out what motor and tranny combo I'm going to put in here. YellowRose kindly gave me some great advice. Looking into the 390. If anybody has started a project without an original setup I'd love to hear any suggestions or recommendations on threads that would be helpful... Thanks!

I already switched to a 390 in our 58 a few year ago, it was very easy, looks like the summer project will be switching to a C6 that is now laying on the shop floor, so if I am ahead of you on that, maybe I will be able to help.