Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hood differences between 58',59'60 (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18315)

The Arkansas Traveler 01-22-2015 03:10 PM

Hood differences between 58',59'60

I am in need of a good hood for my 60. Are there differences between the 58,59, and 60? Will one work on the other? Still in search. Mine has rusted trough in some strange places. Not over the carb. We may have to fire-up the welder.

jopizz 01-22-2015 04:01 PM

The hoods for all three years are identical.

John

YellowRose 01-22-2015 05:04 PM

Check with Carl Heller ~ partsetal for a hood. Carl has a lot of Squarebirds parts, including parts cars.

The Arkansas Traveler 01-23-2015 01:30 AM

58-60 hoods

Thank you both gentlemen. My odds just became much better. :) My hood has rusted through and then water ran into the back support/frame work and ran down to the nose. From there it proceeds straight down into the radiator and shroud. :(

Dan Leavens 01-23-2015 10:22 AM

Just a thought in that you are getting a new hood:rolleyes: Look for some good hood hinges unless yours now have good tension. Over the years these hinges lose there temper and the ability to keep the hood open all the way.

olevet 02-21-2015 05:33 PM

I may have one in pretty good shape. No clue what its worth. or how to get it to where you are.

YellowRose 02-21-2015 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a no brainer! You two are so close to each other that you are nearly within spitting distance! You are less than an hour and a half from each other and about 81 miles! A hood should fit very well in the back of a pickup truck.... Here is a map for you to see.

Dan Leavens 02-22-2015 09:11 AM

Ray look at you go with the Google Maps directions and getting two people together for a potential sale. Another reason why this is the best TBird site on the planet:rolleyes:

olevet 02-23-2015 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowRose (Post 90422)
This is a no brainer! You two are so close to each other that you are nearly within spitting distance! You are less than an hour and a half from each other and about 81 miles! A hood should fit very well in the back of a pickup truck.... Here is a map for you to see.

Now just to figure out worth. I will be going to Fayetteville some time this week, was going to go today but this Ice is going to keep me home.

The Arkansas Traveler 02-24-2015 06:48 PM

a small world

I just found this post. Been outta touch for a few days. I sent "Olevet" an email. This is why the web can be so great. Hope we can work something out that is a win-win. We just need some warm weather. I told the Mrs. as soon as we get some warm weather I want to get back in the garage and work on the bird. She replied that she had forgotten that we even own a Thunderbird. :-)