Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1955 To 1957 Little Birds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   elijahbird7's Tbirds! (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16215)

FINSRIN 04-29-2014 04:07 PM

Is obvious why we were cautioned about drooling on keyboard and screen. All so nice, impossible to pick a favorite.

YellowRose 06-10-2014 04:42 PM

elijahbird7's Tbirds!

2 Attachment(s)
Here is what Jim sent me and had to say about his Tbirds and other cars....

"Ray, Went to a local car show on Saturday. Two guys were rolling this half-cow around the show and asked if they could photograph her looking at my car. Turns out the local public library came up with this idea to promote local events. They take the cow to everything, take her photo and post it online..sort of like what did the cow do today.??..weird.

I just checked with the body shop guy today, and they are on track to have the 59 finished on Friday..almost 5 weeks in the body shop.... then it will probably take me another week to clean up all the body shop dust.

We have a Thunderbird club event on Saturday that I plan to attend, but it's almost an hour and a half each way..hopefully I can make it with no issues, as I haven't driven it that far yet. The body shop guy is replacing my power steering hoses and trans cooler lines today, which looked a little old..

Also waiting for a 2014 Lincoln MKX to arrive that I ordered on May 7th. It was built on May 28th, so it should get here any day..Ruby Red metallic, stone leather with the 22" polished aluminum wheels."

Here are a couple of pix..

tbird430 06-10-2014 04:56 PM

Love those 2 blue birds!! Love them!! :cool:

-Jon in TX.

Joe Johnston 06-10-2014 05:27 PM

Always liked Little Birds, but that cow is kinda cute too! :eek:

FINSRIN 06-11-2014 04:11 AM

Nice - If you can't figure how two tones of blue paint should be applied to a baby bird. Get two and paint one each blue tone !
They carry the colors well :)

MKX will definitely be comfy for trips. Great colors !

Dan Leavens 06-11-2014 10:24 AM

Okay here is my question with the pictures Ray posted. Where does the cow get stored for travel:confused: I know it doesn't fit in the trunk:eek:

elijahbird7 06-18-2014 04:38 PM

I think the library has a van they use for her travels.

robertlane 06-22-2014 12:24 PM

Thanks to Jim (elijahbird7) for sending me over here. Thunderbirds certainly do have something magical about them - their shapes and colors are just so iconic.

YellowRose 08-31-2014 11:13 PM

Jim's '59 Takes 1st Place & Best Of Show!

2 Attachment(s)
Jim said...."Don't know if you have heard of the Volo Auto Museum in Volo, Illinois. They had a large show today. Around 250 cars attended. It's a Ford-Mercury, Mustang, Cobra and Thunderbird show that they have every year. I took the 59 today and it took 1st place in Class, Thunderbirds 58-63. I wasn't paying attention at the end when they announced the Best of Show award. A friend had to poke me and announce that my 59 had won that trophy as well!!! Here are a couple of pix!

FINSRIN 09-01-2014 12:18 AM

Using spray cleaner and rags to remove drool from keyboard & screen.