Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1958 Convertable Resto (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16088)

1958Bird 11-06-2013 11:39 PM

1958 Convertable Resto

4 Attachment(s)
Well it has started. Last weekend the interior was removed and the chrome removed. Motor and Trans came out on Monday and off to paint on Wednesday. Work on the paint and motor will not start for another two weeks.

Body is good, it has a little bit of damage in the passenger side and NO rust.
Engine is the 352 interceptor.

Trans, looks good as well.

So Body is 76A, Color is M, Trim is XM, Date is 09F Trans 4, axle 1 is alive and soon will be back on the road.

Tbird1044 11-07-2013 12:22 AM

Looks all so familiar, except for the convertible part. At least you got a Calif. car, so the rust issues shouldn't be to bad. I've got mine stripped down like yours, getting it ready for paint and body. Found some damage on mine on the passenger side also. ;-(
Good luck with the project and keep us posted on progress.
Nyles

1958Bird 07-23-2015 12:38 AM

1958 Resot Update

Well Hello all, long time no see.
Itís been almost 2 years since Iíve have my 1958 Convertible and I thought I would give you all an update.

INTERIOR
We have finally saved up enough to get a whole new interior; however, itís not installed as yet.

MOTOR
The Original 352 motor fully rebuilt and painted. Motor is still the original bore and has new standard size pistons and rings. Lucky enough the bores only required cleaning up. New water pump. Has all new engine bearings. And just about new everything else.

TRANS
The auto transmission is rebuilt.

FRONT SUSPENSION
Complete new Front Suspension rebuild kit is being installed over the next week or two.

PAINT and BODY
The best thing is as of this week sheís finally painted in her original colour Gulf Stream Blue.
I absolutely love the colour and this car will be a stand out car in Australia.

I will post up some pictures soon.

Cheers
Darren

Dan Leavens 07-23-2015 05:46 PM

Darren yes it has been awhile and welcome back. Look forward to seeing some pictures of your classic:D

1958Bird 07-07-2016 11:20 AM

1958 Convertable Resto

Hi All

I'm back, well the car is finally painted and it has made it's way to have the running gear fitted.

bird 60 07-07-2016 08:57 PM

Good to hear Darren. Where about in Adelaide are you?, I'm in Allenby Gardens.

Chris......From OZ.