Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Transmission valve (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16)

60brd 12-18-2002 06:43 PM

Transmission valve
There is a little valve on a bracket on the back of the 352 block is used for. The bracket is mounted to the rear of the intake manifold. The valve looks like a Schraeder type valve (like used on the tires) and has a line which runs to the transmission. I did not see this on a friend's 1959 Thunderbird with the identical 352 motor and auto transmission. Is this a test valve or are you supposed to put air into it? Is the 1959 thunderbird missing this piece? I have not been able to find it in the 1960 shop manual.

Alexander 12-19-2002 07:23 AM

RE: Transmission valve
The line is used for testing of the fluid pressure on the transmission at the factory. Of the 1958-60 Thunderbirds, only 1960 models have this port.

Definitely don't put air into it. the valve end is supposed to have a cap on it.

1959 Hardtop
1960 Golde Top

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Any submissions to this site and any post on this site becomes property of Squarebirds.org . The webmasters reserve the right to edit and modify any submissions to this site. All material on this is site is copyrighted by the Squarebirds.org. Reproduction by any means other than for personal use is strictly prohibited. Permission to use material on this site can be obtained by contacting the webmasters. Copyright 2002-2016 by Squarebirds.org.