Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1961 To 1963 Bulletbirds, Rocketbirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   '62 Deck Lid limit switch actuator (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14764)

skyliner57 03-22-2013 03:46 PM

'62 Deck Lid limit switch actuator

Friend of mine has restored a '62 tbird convertable and now has asked me to fix it!!:o
Problem is the deck lid tries to open before it is unlocked..(he was so happy that the deck closed and locked:confused:.. but couldent get it to open!!) After removing the cover between the front seat and package tray (was a challenge with the top up:D), and the back seat. Using the electrical drawings and some pictures on this forum :D;):cool:(thank you guys):cool: I jumped the deck lid unlock relay then opened the deck lid.:D:) Using my skyliner trouble shooting history :pI went for the deck lid limit switch and found there is NO ACTUATOR bracket installed..:eek::eek::eek:
Does anyone out there have one they wish to part with/sell??;)
Thanks
Ken

skyliner57 03-22-2013 07:40 PM

UP DATE... Thanks to "simplyconnected" I now have the correct part number for the missing part..:D:D:D
number is C1SB 13A746-A; RH Actuator.. Thank you Dave....
Ken

simplyconnected 03-22-2013 07:59 PM

Ken, with all respect, it would seem to me that a little Michigan Hillbilly engineering could come up with this part with a simple hammer and drill. All it does is push on a Limit Switch.

skyliner57 03-23-2013 06:02 PM

Dave,,
Michigan huh?,,,
usnins hillbellys har en da berginnia hant get no simples hamer en dril..day dissapeered wen ourens sis went off witdth dat baddger far da nordth..:p;)

Just a little fun for a Sat. afternoon!!
I was born in Iowa..owned business in Neb. for 20 yrs...

I agree with you Dave... plan on making one next week if one dosent surface sooner..

Thank you again for all your help..

Question.. how does one print only the pictures that are posted without having to print all that is showen on the web page?
ken

simplyconnected 03-23-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyliner57 (Post 73512)
...Question.. how does one print only the pictures that are posted without having to print all that is showen on the web page?..

Ken, if you're using Windows, RIGHT click on the picture and "Save Picture as.." or "Print Picture".

If you're from Iowa, your computer should have all these corny features. (BTW, I was born in Chicago, a very looooong time ago.) - Dave

skyliner57 03-23-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyconnected (Post 73513)
Ken, if you're using Windows, RIGHT click on the picture and "Save Picture as.." or "Print Picture".

If you're from Iowa, your computer should have all these corny features. (BTW, I was born in Chicago, a very looooong time ago.) - Dave

Thanks Dave