Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1955 To 1957 Little Birds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   New interior (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13159)

Joe Johnston 06-05-2012 11:23 AM

New interior

Anyone have a preference of vendors for an interior package for a 57? I have all the supplier's catalogs and the prices are about the same. Just wondering if one supplier has better quality than the other?

lawyercalif 06-05-2012 11:45 AM

I am not sure but I think most of the interiors come from the same vendor regardless of who you bought it from.

Jimz Bird 06-05-2012 12:16 PM

Jed Zimmerman here on the Forum does 58-60 foam but I don't know if he does Baby Bird stuff.

Ray or Dave D probably know.

He is Ca58tbird in Clearwater, MN.

YellowRose 06-05-2012 03:02 PM

New interior

Jed does seat foams not only for our Squarebirds, but for all 1958-1966 Tbirds. He also does complete steering wheel restorations. You can PM him using his user id listed below, or his contact information is listed in the Advertisements Forum under Jed Zimmerman Restorations. I know that he has not done any seat foams for Babybirds, but he can, if he has the old seat foams as patterns and other information. If interested contact him for details.

Ca58tbird 06-05-2012 05:22 PM

Thanks Jim and Ray, I do not have the patterns and templates for the little birds. So if the foams are available thru aftermarket suppliers, that'd be the best way to go. For foams not available thru parts houses, I can make patterns and templates and fabricate new foams. I've done Mustangs, Falcons and a few others over the years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowRose (Post 66109)
Jed does seat foams not only for our Squarebirds, but for all 1958-1966 Tbirds. He also does complete steering wheel restorations. You can PM him using his user id listed below, or his contact information is listed in the Advertisements Forum under Jed Zimmerman Restorations. I know that he has not done any seat foams for Babybirds, but he can, if he has the old seat foams as patterns and other information. If interested contact him for details.

paul274854 06-05-2012 09:46 PM

I don't know who makes them, but I got mine from CASCO and I am very happy with them

Joe Johnston 06-06-2012 08:51 PM

Thanks for the replies. I've asked vendors for some vinyl samples, but that will only tell part of the story.