Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Air Conditioner Control Plate (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12776)

lexdownunder 04-03-2012 03:51 AM

Air Conditioner Control Plate

Hi Guys

I have a/c in my '59 TBird but I am missing the a/c control plate that sits just below the two pull knobs on the console.
There are two screws in the console but no plate. Pretty sure the plate says something like "air cond pull heat & pull cool" but can't find a photo clear enough to read.
Does anyone know where I might be able to buy this plate???

Cheers Guys
Lex

Dakota Boy 04-03-2012 09:06 AM

Contact partsetal on this site. He might have an old one on his parts cars. Unfortunately, those plates arent currently being reproduced.

I had one of those plates last winter, but sent it to another member here on this site.

lexdownunder 04-03-2012 10:27 AM

Thanks Dakota Boy
Will send him an email today.

Cheers
Lex

YellowRose 04-04-2012 02:23 AM

Try Bob's Bird House and John Draxler at Thunderbird Ranch. They both have parts and might have it. I think that the Bird Nest has it also.

tmjsong1aolcom 04-07-2012 01:30 AM

I can post a pic but for some reason I cannot post pics.

Fuz
58's&64's
tmjsong1@aol.com
Sun Prairie, Wi

YellowRose 04-07-2012 01:34 AM

Fuz, send the pic to me to my email addy below and I will post it for you. Posting pix directly on the Forum server is reserved for our Paid Members. Or they can be posted on one of the free picture hosting websites, like Photobucket and the link to them posted. But I will be very glad to post it for you.

YellowRose 04-07-2012 03:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fuz can post pix again. He sent me the pic of the AIR COND PULL HEATER strip though to post and here it is.

lexdownunder 04-07-2012 06:47 AM

Thank you Fuz & Ray for posting the pic of the control plate. Sure makes it easier to describe if I send a pic as well.
Haven't had any luck locating a plate as yet but still need to contact Bob's Bird House and John Draxler at Thunderbird Ranch after the Easter break.

Thanks again
Lex