Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   "Back Edge of Vent Window Seal" B8s-6321450 Installatio (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1153)

danowens3 09-16-2006 11:43 AM

"Back Edge of Vent Window Seal" B8s-6321450 Installatio
Looking for some help on how to install the vent window seal part # B8S-6321450-pr. It appears to be some type of a press rivet. T-bird HQ sent a baggy with small rivets in it, but I am stumped as to how to flare the rivets? I know how to remove the old rivets, where they go, and where to install the seal. Is there some type of special tool to put the rivets on? Or, would a center punch be able to flare the rivets? Or, is there another approach to take? Any suggestions you can provide would be very much appreciated. Thank you, Dan 60 Hardtop

Alexander 09-16-2006 12:12 PM

RE: "Back Edge of Vent Window Seal" B8s-6321450 Install
I rebuilt and re-chromed the vent windows on my 1959. To secure the brass hollow tip rivets I used a center punch and hammer. It takes some practice to get them flattened right, since the head of the rivet needs to be held down while the hollow end is hit.

1959 Hardtop
1960 Golde Top

luckykh 06-26-2008 04:23 PM

Where to find Rivets
I am replacing the vent window bar that the main window uses as a track. To do this, however, I had to remove two rivets at the top of the window, as well as all of the rivets along the inside of the channel. Where can I find more of these rivets? Two came with the vent window seal, but I need a bunch more. I tried a local hardware store, a home depot, and an auto store--no luck at any of them. Does anyone know where to find these?

YellowRose 06-26-2008 04:44 PM

Where to find rivets
It looks like Alexander is still with us in spirit, luckykh! He just answered your question. Look below your post. And below that you will see that Danowens3 said he got his rivets from TB Hqs. Hope that helps you! :D

luckykh 06-26-2008 06:02 PM

More Rivets
I have the same part, the vent window seal, which comes with 2 rivets. However, i need more flat rivets for the channel. These are not offered as a separate part.

YellowRose 06-27-2008 12:17 AM

More Rivets

According to what was posted below by danowens3, you should be able to get more rivets through Thunderbird Headquarters. You should be able to find their telephone number on the Technical Resources Library. I think it is there. If not, one of us can give it to you, or you can just google their name and you will find their website and their information. Tell them what you are working on, and they should be able to find and send you some more rivets..

Good Birding.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Any submissions to this site and any post on this site becomes property of Squarebirds.org . The webmasters reserve the right to edit and modify any submissions to this site. All material on this is site is copyrighted by the Squarebirds.org. Reproduction by any means other than for personal use is strictly prohibited. Permission to use material on this site can be obtained by contacting the webmasters. Copyright 2002-2016 by Squarebirds.org.