Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Golde Top (Sunroof) Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Finally it's on it's way!!!!!! (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10702)

1960_430_AU 03-07-2011 05:49 PM

Finally it's on it's way!!!!!!

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys
Finally after what seems forever and 2 tonnes of paperwork and a billion emails and phone calls the Golde and Mark II are on their way to Australia
I bought the Golde in early Dec so it's been a long wait but will be here by April 2 and I can't wait!!!!!
Here's a few pics in the warehouse and container

Richard

tbirds8 03-07-2011 05:54 PM

Nice catch good luck with both.

YellowRose 03-08-2011 01:32 AM

Finally it's on it's way!!!!!!

Congratulations, Richard! They both look fabulous! I am glad to see they are finally about to head your direction. The waiting will be over in a few more weeks!

1960_430_AU 04-07-2011 08:44 AM

There Here !!!!

Hi Guys
I finally got my hands on my cars yesterday it's been a long wait, but worth it. The Golde is a little worse than expected in a couple of areas, the pot metal is all in fantastic shape and so is the interior other than the carpet (but I have the new one in the boot) it's mainly some rust in the lower rear quarters but nothing major. The Continental is as expected maybe a little better, and only has 62k original miles
I'll post some pics soon

Richard

YellowRose 04-07-2011 11:51 AM

Finally Arrived!

Congratulations, Richard! I am glad to hear that you finally have both of them in your possession. It it to bad that you are going to have some rust issues to take care of, but they do not sound to bad. The Mark II has to thrill you to pieces! I am sure you are going to enjoy them both!

tbird430 04-07-2011 02:08 PM

Congrat's Richard!! :)

simplyconnected 04-07-2011 03:27 PM

What a beautiful car, Richard. I'm jealous. Congratulations on your new baby! - Dave

Dan Leavens 04-07-2011 06:52 PM

Richard I am glad you have finally taken posession and she is a beauty.

1960_430_AU 04-08-2011 06:56 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Here's some pics of my new Golde it's had a bath and that's all I've done at this point, previous owner put a battery that looks like it belongs in a Hyundai of a torch, so you can guess how well that cranks a 430 with only 1500 miles on it, that's one of the first things.

Richard

tbird430 04-08-2011 10:30 AM

WOW!!!

She looks "golden". Reminds me of someone's convertible on this site. :)

You have an early '60 T-Bird? It looks she sports the smooth exterior B-Pillar chrome.

I didn't know she was a 430cid with AIR!!! You have the sunroof, rear deck antenna, AND the exterior chrome package!! WOW!! I guess she has the dress-up Sunray wheel covers too...? :)

All them options, yet only 1 outside rearveiw mirror. Funny how they do that sometimes.

I'm even MORE jealous now.... :D