Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Golde Top (Sunroof) Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   My new j-code golde (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10575)

YellowRose 12-11-2016 12:14 PM

Dave Bonvillian Has Another Golde Top!

6 Attachment(s)
I just got a couple of emails with pix of Dave's ~ villian, new Golde Top acquisition! It has been a few years since we last heard from him, but here is the new one and it looks to be a beauty! He is gonna modernize it. I see it even has that unobtainian Golde Top bar across the front of the top! Here is what Dave had to say and the pix.

"Hey Ray! Long time sir. I figured I would show you what I was up to :) Finally found a new Golde and am doing this one right! 4-link rear, airbag suspended, bored and stroked with individual throttle bodies, etc etc. It should be perfect :) Hope y'all are well!

villain 12-11-2016 12:45 PM

Hey everyone! Glad to be back!
It took me forever to find another Golde that was the 'right car', but the build is underway and it should be on the road by late Feb sometime.
Taking this one to the 9s :-)

YellowRose 12-17-2016 11:37 AM

My new j-code golde

3 Attachment(s)
Dave sent me some pix of his disc brake conversion on his '60 Golde Top. Here they are! It is looking good!

villain 12-17-2016 11:44 AM

Airbag suspension is on that front end too :-)
The rear is next!

Dan Leavens 12-17-2016 09:30 PM

Dave looking pretty sweet. Keep the pixs coming along with the rebuild:D

simplyconnected 12-18-2016 01:54 PM

I like this job because it shows, there's more than one way to skin this cat. It may not be the cheapest, it may not use 14" wheels and the pads may not be available at all auto parts stores BUT, it's a nice system that will function far better than stock.

Everyone has their own way of doing things. This example is really nice, using modern materials and methods. I love it. - Dave

villain 07-21-2017 12:52 AM

We ended up going a lot bigger with the brakes :-)
And engine is almost done - Barnett High Performance built it.
Suspension is done too.
I will send some pics. It is getting close! :-)

villain 07-21-2017 01:17 AM

Final color will be Ferrari's Grigio Medio. But we will wait a bit to do that for final tweaks and such.
I head to Colorado to spec the interior with Mr. Sids on Monday (black and ox blood red)

YellowRose 07-21-2017 02:48 AM

My new j-code golde

9 Attachment(s)
It has been quite some time since I last heard from David ~ villain. I see he has been busy. He just sent me a bunch of pix and I will post them so you can see what he has been up to with customizing his beautiful '60 Golde Top! You will also see a pic of his electronic fuel injection system...

YellowRose 08-12-2017 04:47 PM

My new j-code golde

4 Attachment(s)
David ~ villain just sent me some more pix of his customized '60 Golde Top that he has been working on. Feast your eyes on these!

Wyldie 08-12-2017 06:32 PM

Sweet baby Jesus! Love it all, where did you get the custom gauges?

villain 08-12-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyldie (Post 110229)
Sweet baby Jesus! Love it all, where did you get the custom gauges?

Thank you :-) Those were from Speed Hut in Utah. The ghosting of my logo in the faces worked out great!

YellowRose 09-08-2017 10:28 AM

My new j-code golde

2 Attachment(s)
Dave ~ villain has been busy modernizing his J Code! Here is a pic of his rack and pinion steering going in and his disc brake setup:

simplyconnected 09-08-2017 12:36 PM

Love, love, LOVE the rack and pinion steering. He used the existing holes from the old steering box and idler arm for his R &P gear brackets.

What we don't see is his measurements, taken while the engine was still in place. That's how it's done.

I like the fact that R&P offers more room for exhaust on the LH side and more room for starter motor maintenance on the RH side.

The rear end is a beast. It's going to need a Panhard bar. Nice job! - Dave

byersmtrco 10-12-2017 03:52 PM

I had a 71 Charger

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob M (Post 53402)
Dave it looks like you have a great start on a wonderful car

byersmtrco 10-12-2017 03:54 PM

I LOVE IT!!
That Sunroof is AWESOME !!!!

4200 Lb's of WoopA__!!!!!!!!!!

The whole thing!!!!!!