Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Welcome! (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1)

Alexander 10-30-2002 10:49 PM

Welcome!

There is no message board on the web exclusively devoted to my favorite automobile - the 1958 to 1960 Thunderbird, so I decided to create this message board.

Feel free to post your questions and comments on this board. You must register on this board before you can post.

Alexander 10-31-2002 10:31 AM

RE: Welcome!

Testing the board.

Hope to hear from someone else soon. :D

Alexander
1959 Hardtop
1960 Golde Top

redn8 10-31-2002 08:35 PM

Alexander,
Great board ! Best of luck with it . Sorry I've already started posting in the wrong forum .That's so unlike me .

redn8 10-31-2002 08:37 PM

When will the read new work ? I'm spoiled .

Steve 10-31-2002 09:40 PM

hello people

Bill Eynon III 11-01-2002 12:42 PM

:7Alexander, let me say great site. You have truly sparked my interest in these rare Square birds. I had seen some at Carlisle and shows near my house but never really took time to admire them. I guess that will change because thanks to you I see how great they really are. I might even begin a search to find a 59 or 60 convertible to restore myself. BTW your 59' is my new computer desktop background.

Alexander 11-01-2002 02:02 PM

Bill,

Good luck on your search for a Squarebird. I can tell you what to look out for in a purchase of one of these.

Alexander
1959 Hardtop
1960 Golde Top

Alexander 11-01-2002 03:28 PM

Bill,

When buying one of these cars try to buy a complete car. Most of the parts are readily available in used, repro or NOS. The hard parts to find are those unique to the sunroof and convertible. The side trim is also difficult to find for the 1958 and the 1959.

These are unibody cars. Make sure that the inner rocker panels are not rusted. It is expensive to fix. Rust in the outer rocker panels buy not much of problem since patch panels are available in repro form. Beware of faked convertibles, especially for the year 1958 (the real ones are rare since they were a late year introduction). The hardtops don't have the reinforcements in the cowl and the rocker panels that the convertibles do. You will have cracking windshields and binding door with one of these fakes.
Alexander
1959 Hardtop
1960 Golde Top

Mike L 11-01-2002 07:29 PM

Alexander,
Thanks for contacting me about your new site. I believe this will be extremely usefull for owners of these cars. I will be sending you additional information as I get time. Good Luck!

Rockin Kev 11-05-2002 07:20 PM

Can anyone advise me on this problem my rear power windows do not work!. The motor makes a clicking sound when i use the power switch but no window movement. The drivers and front passengers windows are fine but the Bird was standing for over ten years with no use!.
Also i like to say a big HELLO to all other members and to Bill who may be in the market for the best T-Bird check out the following link
http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/browse/collector.html and click on the Thunderbird icon. You will see some nice Birds for sale like a nice Golde Top like mine so i may bid for this one myself!.At present i own the only Golde Top in the United Kingdom and there is Five in Europe how ever our pop star Sir Cliff Richard has a nice 59 convertible!. He is Squarebird mad and has had alot of expensive cars over the years but the squarebird is his favourite! GOOD MAN! .
His first was a 60 Golde Top! at the tender age of 21 this was a birthday present to himself and in 1960 England 2500.00 would buy a very nice house in London but the Bird cost over 5000.00!. His Golde Top was Monte Carlo Red with White top and matching interia he sold the car in 1970 and no one can find it. So at present i have the only one but i am trying my best to find Cliffs old 60 Bird!.
So its winter and the Birds off the road so its time to do those little jobs before summer as i love Cruzing with the roof wide open but would like my rear windows to work so please help!.
Kevin.