Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bcomo's '60 Black Raven Flew The Coop!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

bcomo's '60 Black Raven Flew The Coop!!!

It is with considerable sadness that I tell you that Bart - bcomo has sold his '60 430MEL beautiful Black Raven. No longer will it grace the streets of San Antonio... A couple of weeks ago or so, he was contacted by a prospective buyer and that led to the buyer having a locally based classic car evaluator visit Bart to inspect the car earlier this week. This gentleman has been evaluating classic cars for many years. He is 85 and still doing it! When he was finished he gave Bart the report. He had evaluated it at a 9+++ out of a scale of 10! I think he told Bart that it was one of the best restored cars he had ever seen. That clinched the deal! Arrangements are being made for the transporting of the car.

On the other hand, it is with considerable gladness that I can tell you that someone in Queensland, Australia is going to get one of the best '60 430MEL Black Ravens left in the world! And we, hopefully, will get a new member from Down Under! Bart has told him about Squarebirds.org and he should be joining us. I don't know how long it takes for ya'll Down Under to get a car in, but I figure it will be a couple of months. The gentleman in Australia is getting a steal of a deal and one terrific car. He will not have to fix it, work on it, or restore it. All he has to do is drive it and maintain it. When you get an evaluation like Black Raven did, that is something else! Yellow Rose should be so lucky! Maybe one of these days.

I am sorry to see her go, as Bart is, but we are happy that she will be getting a new life in Australia, traveling new highways and byways (on the wrong side of the road!) Errr, excuse me. I think the Aussies feel like the Brits do. They drive on the CORRECT side of the road, while we Americans drive on the RIGHT side of the road!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

Excellent news for Bart, and good for us downunder to get yet another squarebird gracing our shores for re-training on the correct side of the road to drive on

Someone has a top buy!
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

A Bit Of Trivia

Good to hear that Bart sold his Beautiful T.B.& also good that it's going to be in our shores in about a month of rough waters.

I'm sure that some of you know that the early American Cars were Right Hand Drive, & drove on the Right side of the road. The reason why the steering went to the Left was so the Passengers didn't come out on the oncoming traffic, cars as well as horse & buggies. Also to avoid stepping on CR#%*P & also to prevent Ladies long Dresses from getting soiled.

That's the story I read sometime ago, if someone has heard or read differently please correct me.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

WOW!!

Well congrat's Bart. You truely did that Squarebird some good. You should be proud of that car! I wish you the best & don't be a stranger either...

-Jon "up North".
        sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Bart also congrats on the sale but I am sure it comes with some memories of many a restoration story. Black Raven was majestic,unique and always very classy. The upside ( or in the case down under ) is that someone who also loves the lines of our squarbirds, will start cruisin in the spring. It is hoped that he takes Barts advice and become a member and once again, Black Raven will be in the fold.
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍