X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Dash Lights

A beautiful 17C sunny day here in Adelaide S.A. I took my Bird out for a Cruise & everything was fine until I switched the lights on later on in the evening. All the lights working but absolutely nothing on the instrument panel. Can all the light bulbs blow at the same time.
    Please advise.
    Thank you.

Chris.....From OZ.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Your dash lights are controlled by the Headlight Switch. The dimming portion is part of that switch and so is a fuse. First, I would turn the handle on the Headlight Sw. Watch your dash lights as you turn the handle. If they respond then your fuse is good.

The fuse is on the back of your Headlight Sw. If you get no response from twisting the handle, test the fuses. It can happen that the dimmer may fail due to corrosion. Most Squarebird owners bypass the dimmer because the dash lights are never bright enough, even at full brilliance.

CLICK HERE for my headlight switch site. If you disassemble your headlight switch and clean the dimmer portion, it will most likely fix your problem. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

Thanks for the time taken to show the layout of the switch Dave. I wasn't aware of the fuse location, & no there was absolutely no flicker at all when turning the headlight switch. You are right about the brightness of the dash, would I be able to replace with higher voltage bulbs? If so, how high can I go?

Thank you

Chris......From OZ.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎