X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenneybert
    Apprentice
    • Jun 21 2012

1959 thunderbird headliner

Im installing or trying to install a headliner in my 59 tbird ..i put all the bows in and started sticking the bows in the holes ,,doing ok til i get to the back ,,cant find holes to stick my bows ,,does anyone have an exploded view of where all the bows attach ? thanks
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Here's a picture from the shop manual. It should give you a general idea where the headliner bows connect.

John
    Attached Files
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• yellow98cobra
      Experienced
      • May 28 2012

Service Manual

Per the Manual
      9. Install the rear bow in the side rails, and hook the two rear bow retainers to the bow and the roof rear rail.
      10. Install the other roof bows from the rear toward the front of the car.

Step 7 has you removing the bows from the front and when you get to the rear. It says, At the rear bow release the two rear bow retainers from the roof rear rail.

unfortunatly the picture doesn't show what these retainers look like
      Yellow98Cobra
      1960 Thunderbird HT
      Data plt# 63A Z 56 15 H 3 4
      There are 4 pictures of her here, plus a couple of my namesake.
      http://squarebirds.org/yellow98cobra/resized/

Comment

• Harry LePargneux
        Apprentice
        • Sep 30 2010

Headliner installation

If you do a 'headliner installation' search in the 1958 to 1960 Thunderbirds - General Technical Discussion, you should find a thread titled "Headliner Installation - tips". In this thread, 58tdacty gives great advice in a message dated 06-08-2006.
        I used duct tape to secure the caps used for the back 2 bows.
        Good luck.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1959 thunderbird headliner

If ya'll would take the time to look at the Technical Resource Library (TRL) which link is always a part of my signature element, you would find the subject of Headliner Installation there, in addition to the other links...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Harry how is my neighbour to the north in Red Deer these days. Are we going to see you at our Universal S&S in Calgary August 11th??
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• kenneybert
              Apprentice
              • Jun 21 2012

Originally posted by Harry LePargneux
              If you do a 'headliner installation' search in the 1958 to 1960 Thunderbirds - General Technical Discussion, you should find a thread titled "Headliner Installation - tips". In this thread, 58tdacty gives great advice in a message dated 06-08-2006.
              I used duct tape to secure the caps used for the back 2 bows.
              Good luck.

caps ??????????/ now what do they look like ? this is what im not finding on mine i think ...

Comment

• kenneybert
                Apprentice
                • Jun 21 2012

thanks guys .. I found the caps where the last two bows go . see I bought this tbird with everything already taken out ,,usually if i take something apart I can put it back .. i think i can get it now thanks for your help ,,but dont go to far lol )

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎