Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1959 thunderbird headliner (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13264)

kenneybert 06-21-2012 06:47 PM

1959 thunderbird headliner

Im installing or trying to install a headliner in my 59 tbird ..i put all the bows in and started sticking the bows in the holes ,,doing ok til i get to the back ,,cant find holes to stick my bows ,,does anyone have an exploded view of where all the bows attach ? thanks

jopizz 06-21-2012 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture from the shop manual. It should give you a general idea where the headliner bows connect.

John

yellow98cobra 06-21-2012 10:03 PM

Service Manual

Per the Manual
9. Install the rear bow in the side rails, and hook the two rear bow retainers to the bow and the roof rear rail.
10. Install the other roof bows from the rear toward the front of the car.

Step 7 has you removing the bows from the front and when you get to the rear. It says, At the rear bow release the two rear bow retainers from the roof rear rail.

unfortunatly the picture doesn't show what these retainers look like

Harry LePargneux 06-22-2012 01:02 PM

Headliner installation

If you do a 'headliner installation' search in the 1958 to 1960 Thunderbirds - General Technical Discussion, you should find a thread titled "Headliner Installation - tips". In this thread, 58tdacty gives great advice in a message dated 06-08-2006.
I used duct tape to secure the caps used for the back 2 bows.
Good luck.

YellowRose 06-22-2012 08:48 PM

1959 thunderbird headliner

If ya'll would take the time to look at the Technical Resource Library (TRL) which link is always a part of my signature element, you would find the subject of Headliner Installation there, in addition to the other links...:rolleyes:

Dan Leavens 06-24-2012 04:06 PM

Harry how is my neighbour to the north in Red Deer these days. Are we going to see you at our Universal S&S in Calgary August 11th??

kenneybert 06-24-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry LePargneux (Post 66604)
If you do a 'headliner installation' search in the 1958 to 1960 Thunderbirds - General Technical Discussion, you should find a thread titled "Headliner Installation - tips". In this thread, 58tdacty gives great advice in a message dated 06-08-2006.
I used duct tape to secure the caps used for the back 2 bows.
Good luck.

caps ??????????/ now what do they look like ? this is what im not finding on mine i think ...

kenneybert 06-24-2012 07:49 PM

thanks guys .. I found the caps where the last two bows go . see I bought this tbird with everything already taken out ,,usually if i take something apart I can put it back .. i think i can get it now thanks for your help ,,but dont go to far lol :o)