• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pcjr
    Apprentice
    • Aug 27 2012

New Member and New Project

Hello,

I am new to the forum and find it to be a wealth of knowledge on Thunderbirds. I have owned a 1960 coupe for close to 20 years now. Initally I started a complete restoration but lost interest and time so the car sat for the better part of the past 15 years. I recently decided to once again undertake the project though with a completely different end goal. Some will love it, some will hate it but I am very excited to get on with things. I will update you along the way. Here are some photos of the first two days of the project.

• DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

Can't wait - sounds interesting. You'll find both sides of the fence here but we all seem to get along pretty well. I used to lean toward stock only since my Dad bought my car new. Then I converted to disc brakes - wowzers - the car is so much more enjoyable (and safe) to drive.

Great pictures - look forward to seeing more.
    Eric

PS
    Looks as if we're twins! (but maybe not for long?)

Comment

• pcjr
      Apprentice
      • Aug 27 2012

Originally posted by DKheld
      Can't wait - sounds interesting. You'll find both sides of the fence here but we all seem to get along pretty well. I used to lean toward stock only since my Dad bought my car new. Then I converted to disc brakes - wowzers - the car is so much more enjoyable (and safe) to drive.

Great pictures - look forward to seeing more.
      Eric

PS
      Looks as if we're twins! (but maybe not for long?)

Beautiful car Eric. Can I count on you if I need any parts off of it

Comment

• keith
        Super-Experienced
        • Feb 13 2010

Welcome. Looking forward to your build.
        Keith
        Sedalia, Mo.
        sigpic
        CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• pcjr
          Apprentice
          • Aug 27 2012

I stopped by the media blaster today for an update. Here are a couple of photos.

They had completed almost one half of the car and had found no rust and no body filler. Pretty amazing for a 52 year old automobile. I hope my luck continues on the second half.

Comment

• Anders
            Super-Experienced
            • Jan 19 2008

You took this white body, with whatīs looks like a brand new flaweless paint on, and blasted it? Thatīs rad.
            sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎