• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REM
    Apprentice
    • Mar 28 2011

Yellow Rose ?????

Ray
    I noticed the hubcaps you have on your car in a close up you posted in another thread.

Are those the correct standard hubcaps with the optional trim rings?

My car has the same set up and I didn't know if they were original to the Squarebird or if someone had sourced them from something else.

I rather like the clean yet dressy look of them.
    Thanks Richard
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Yellow Rose ?????

According to the VTCI Official Factory Specifications (OFS) for the Squarebird, the "dog dish" hubcaps I have on are not correct for the 1959. The ones I have on are B8A 1130-B with the gold ring. According to the OFS, those are correct wheel covers for the 1958 Squarebird. The correct "dog dish" hubcaps, if you use "dog dish" hubcaps, for the 1959 Squarebird is B7A 1130-C, with the white ring. According to that number, they were also used on the 1957 Babybird. When I went looking for "dog dish" hubcaps on eBay, I found a set of both. However, the ones with the white ring were not show quality and had been used. The set with the gold ring was NOS and certainly is show quality. I paid extra for that show quality, but I got them. The beauty rings are not acceptable equipment, to my knowledge. I decided to add them to help highlight the "dog dish" hubcaps. I have received a lot of nice comments about how the hubcaps and the beauty rings help set off the car. Here is an excerpt from the OFS about this.
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎