X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronaldwise5682
    • Nov 7 2009

1963 trunk lid not closing

I have a 63 tbird convertible. The problem I am having is:
    The trunk lid opens, the flap opens, the top retracts into the trunk, but the trunk lid will not close. As indicated everything but the closing of the trunk lid works. The cylinders have fluid. Any suggestions?

Thanks
  • Joe Johnston
    Super-Experienced
    • Dec 23 2008

Welcome!!!!!

I too have a 63 convertible that I purchased less than a year ago. Needless to say, I have learned a lot in the past year!! The very best piece of advice that was given to me and pass along is to buy the shop manuals, convertible top manuals, and electrical manual, or in short ALL the manuals for this car. Although the convertible top system appears very complicated, the manuals give step by step diagnosis and and repair proceedures for these cars. Without the manuals, you and anyone else who touches your car are just guessing at what may be wrong. A lot of common sence and a bit of trouble shooting goes a long ways with the diagnosis of top problems. My top wasn't down for over 18 years and operated flawlessly - for a few times until it started to malfunction. There is no way I could have worked through the problems without the manuals.

Get the manuals, ask questions, and enjoy this fun hobby!!
    Lots of great help available for the asking, and again, welcome!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎