X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vermbird
    Experienced
    • Jul 22 2009

caution

i bought some brake parts from an ebay seller, parts american/jackson old time parts in duluth, minn. they sent the wrong parts for my 63 (in 63 they changed to thicker pads and fatter drums, so the pins were too short and the springs not beefy). they told me i was wrong; the springs had peeling paint. when i told them they were wrong, they said their book said they were right. i sent them back. they kep the 10.00 shipping charge that I HAD PAID and i had to sent them back on my $. they were rude and couldnt care less. just a work of caution. they sell a lot of stuff on ebay.
  • vermbird
    Experienced
    • Jul 22 2009

caution with this store

Originally posted by warren reidel
    i bought some brake parts from an ebay seller, parts american/jackson old time parts in duluth, minn. they sent the wrong parts for my 63 (in 63 they changed to thicker pads and fatter drums, so the pins were too short and the springs not beefy). they told me i was wrong; the springs had peeling paint. when i told them they were wrong, they said their book said they were right. i sent them back. they kep the 10.00 shipping charge that I HAD PAID and i had to sent them back on my $. they were rude and couldnt care less. just a work of caution. they sell a lot of stuff on ebay.
    i hope i got this right.

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

Thanks for the heads up sir.

-Jon in TX.
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Warren thanks for starting this thread on this vendor. We all can't be too careful about where we get the correct parts. Good to see you on our site as well as Yahoo.
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍