X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bird 60
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 18 2009

Fender Skirts

Hi, has any one had their Fender Skirts Chromed on a SquareBird , & what does it look like?

Thanks.

Chris.......From OZ.
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Chris I have never seen a Squarebird nor a picture of one with chromed fender skirts.
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

I had a pair chrome plated for Howard Prout. Maybe he has a picture of Betsy wearing them, I don't know...
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

Thanks Dan & Dave. Hopefully Howard might send a shot with them on his Bird.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fender Skirts

I have many, many pix of Howard's Squarebird, but not a one of them shows the fender skirts in place. I have emailed him to ask him to post a pic of them, if he has one. Dave, did you take a pic of them before you gave them to Howard? Chris, hopefully Howard has a pic of them and will post it, or send it to me to post.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• partsetal
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 4 2005

This may not be the photo you're looking for but it is a chrome skirt on one of my stored project cars.
            Carl
            Attached Files

Comment

• Howard Prout
              Experienced
              • Feb 11 2009

Chromed Fendeer Skirts

I have two pair of fender skirts - one chromed and one painted. Attached are pictures of the chromed ones mounted on my '59 Bird.
              Attached Files
              sigpic "Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341

Comment

• bird 60
                Super-Experienced
                • Mar 18 2009

Thanks Howard. To your opinion, which do you think looks best, Painted or Chromed? Obviously, I have to picture how they would look on my Bird as it is Red. If I do get them Chromed & they don't look right, I guess I can always paint them again, or get another set like you have.

Thank you again.

Chris......From OZ.

Comment

• bird 60
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Mar 18 2009

Thank you Ray & Carl for your input.

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fender Skirts

Chris, perhaps this will help you make up your mind! Here is a 1960 Squarebird with chrome fender skirts....
                    Attached Files

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• bird 60
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Mar 18 2009

Thanks Ray. Mmmm, doesn't really give it more of a wow factor does it. What do you guys think.

Chris.......From OZ.

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fender Skirts

Well, Chris, I like it! I would like it even more if that red Squarebird had the external chrome package on it. With the curved sections around the tail lights, and the eyebrows over the tail lights chromed, and the chromed air scoop, I think a red or Raven Black Squarebird and a few other colors looks pretty sharp with the chrome kit installed. I think even my yellow Squarebird looks good with the external chrome kit in place, not to mention the engine chrome kit... But then, that is just MHO..

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fender Skirts

Well, Chris, I like it! I would like it even more if that red Squarebird had the external chrome package on it. With the curved sections around the tail lights, and the eyebrows over the tail lights chromed, and the chromed air scoop, I think a red or Raven Black Squarebird and a few other colors looks pretty sharp with the chrome kit installed. I think even my yellow Squarebird looks good with the external chrome kit in place, not to mention the engine chrome kit... But then, that is just MHO..

When I was rechroming everything on my Rose I did not think of chroming the fender skirts for some reason. I think it would have set off my '59 even better with that chromed spear point, the wrap around chromed bumpers. I just did not think of it! I chromed the oil cap, the VR, the air cleaner, put chromed Tbird valve covers on it and spent $25 extra to buy the chromed version of the dual MC and Power Booster. I like the way the engine bay looks! One mistake I made was not mounting the combination valve to the wheel well instead of offsetting it from the MC/Booster on the mounting bracket...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• bird 60
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Mar 18 2009

Looks really good Ray. I also have the Tail-light surrounds as well as the scoop & the front lights Chromed. However, I've & big surprise coming up in the next few days. My Port Hole Windows are complete but with a twist. I'll be washing the Bird this weekend & I'll send some pix.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• YellowRose
                              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fender Skirts

Chris, I had forgotten that your Bird had the chrome package on it, including the chromed front lights covers, which mine also has. As for the port hole, I always liked Anders '58 with them. In fact the PO lived here in San Antonio, and he had them put in while he had the car. I will be looking forward to seeing what your Bird looks like with them!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎