Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • norbertgobert
    • Sep 14 2011

1962 capacitor

Does my 1962 T-Bird have a capacitor? Where do I find it?
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Capacitors are generally mounted close to an electrical contact set. You may have one in your distributor next to the points, you may have one next to a mechanical voltage regulator, you may have one by your fuel tank pickup sender, you may have one on your generator, etc.

Capacitors (or condensers - same thing) are like small batteries. They absorb power spikes quickly until filled, then they give the power back more slowly. This feature smooths out your system's power and saves contacts from burning. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• norbertgobert
      • Sep 14 2011

Capacitors

Originally posted by simplyconnected
      Capacitors are generally mounted close to an electrical contact set. You may have one in your distributor next to the points, you may have one next to a mechanical voltage regulator, you may have one by your fuel tank pickup sender, you may have one on your generator, etc.

Capacitors (or condensers - same thing) are like small batteries. They absorb power spikes quickly until filled, then they give the power back more slowly. This feature smooths out your system's power and saves contacts from burning. - Dave
      Thanks for clearing that up for me

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎