X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deblib
    Apprentice
    • Apr 30 2012

Movie Role

Hi everyone! I'm excited to share that my 1960 Tbird got to be in a Hollywood film here in Colorado on Tuesday. They were casting cars older than 1962 for a film called "Dear Eleanor". Luke Wilson was the big star there. I got to drive through a couple of scenes and then my car got to sit on Main Street most of the day as they were filming. It was a 12 hour day but fun and interesting. Met many other nice car owners including some other Tbirds that were used. Our local town was supposed to be Manteca, CA. I will try to put up the photo of my car on Main Street.
    Attached Files
    Debbie #38435
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

That's pretty cool.... I wish my car could make it "BIG" like that some day.

One of my older brothers had a good friend of his get his car used in that movie Second Hand Lions. It was a green '59 Chevy sedan, used by a traveling salesman in the film. It was a really good movie too... about 2 older best friends who lived together out on a huge farm. They helped raise (and educate) one of their grandson's about being a man, doing the right thing, & being responsible. I recommend it to everyone...

Anyways, congrats & thanks for sharing this pic/story.

-Jon in TX.

sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• DKheld
      Super-Experienced
      • Aug 27 2008

The car looks great!
      Congratulations for sure.

Eric

ps - Second Hand Lions is hilarious - great movie

Comment

• RustyNCa
        Super-Experienced
        • May 31 2007

Yeah, that was a great movie. It had Robert Duval and Gene Hackman right?

Originally posted by tbird430
        That's pretty cool.... I wish my car could make it "BIG" like that some day.

One of my older brothers had a good friend of his get his car used in that movie Second Hand Lions. It was a green '59 Chevy sedan, used by a traveling salesman in the film. It was a really good movie too... about 2 older best friends who lived together out on a huge farm. They helped raise (and educate) one of their grandson's about being a man, doing the right thing, & being responsible. I recommend it to everyone...

Anyways, congrats & thanks for sharing this pic/story.

-Jon in TX.

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Deblib
          Hi everyone! I'm excited to share that my 1960 Tbird got to be in a Hollywood film here in Colorado on Tuesday. They were casting cars older than 1962 for a film called "Dear Eleanor"...
          We're honored to have a celebrity, right here on Squarebirds.org. I'm going to watch out for "Dear Eleanore" when it comes out to show my wife, Robin, your Thunderbird.

She'll love this:
          Attached Files
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Deblib
            Apprentice
            • Apr 30 2012

Secondhand Lion

Jon, that movie is one of my favorites!! I love how they shoot at the traveling salesmen. Hope your brothers car didn't get buckshot though. Haha. The Rockin Robins is actually a real second hand clothing store here in Niwot, Colorado. I figure the movie won't come out until next spring since they are filming now. Plus is will probably be just a fleeting shot?? Who knows but it took a long time for them to film. You can google "Dear Eleanor" for info about the film.
            Last edited by Deblib; May 24, 2013, 11:50 AM. Reason: Adding to it.
            Debbie #38435

Comment

• simplyconnected
              Administrator
              • May 26 2009

I normally don't plug movies, but Secondhand Lion reminded me of this lesser-known film:

It takes place during the Great Depression, in the Appalachian Mountains. Little Tree is an American Indian boy who is orphaned. Good flick and a true story. - Dave
              Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
              --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• tbird430
                Super-Experienced
                • Jun 18 2007

I know I loved that movie Secondhand Lion. Cool cars in it (at times) & the barn storming....

Well, I think it was Duvall & Michael Caine....?

And Debbie, no buckshot in the '59 Chevy either!!

-Jon in TX.
                sigpic
                The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎