X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vernz
    Experienced
    • Jul 12 2008

1959 J code coup for sale

Here was the plan - Retire and have all this time to work on my old cars. I did the retirement part, but there always seems to be something in the way of working on my cars and I really don't have a good place to do so. So it is time to move my J code coup on to someone who can give it the time it deserves. It has PS, PB, Pwindows, Pseats, factory a/c, and, of course, the big 430. It runs and passes the annual New York State safety inspection but is an 80's restoration (my guess due to some peeling clear coat on the hood) that badly needs updating. Color code is colonial white, but it is painted in a metallic white. Rocker panels have holes and I have good quality replacements. Interior is original black and white with decent front seats but cracked surfaces on rear seat. Transmission works fine but leaks fluid and there are fluid leaks from the power steering. In a bonehead move I left the transmission dipstick on the engine in the fall and lost it when I drove it over for winter storage. The old restoration included replacing the power steering pump with a 60's unit that was taller than the original and did not clear the ac compressor bracket. The idiots threw out the compressor bracket. It took me a few years but I found a proper original compressor bracket and that will go with the car. In the pictures the radio antenna and fender skirts are not installed, but I do have them. The rear bumper "bullets" lost their chrome and I have replacements that will go with the car. I rebuilt the original vacuum wiper motor and it works great. The car has historic plates which can go to a New York buyer IF I do not get a 58 or 59 to replace her. It was in the 2010 Squarebirds calendar (October) which Ray made available. Thanks Ray!! I haven't come up with an appropriate price tag yet so for now I'll call it best offer. Trades towards a restored 59 convertible or 57 are on the plate as well. Send me a PM if interested.

Vern
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; August 17, 2018, 06:01 PM. Reason: Added Price
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

1959 J code coupe for sale

Here is the link to the 2010 Squarebirds Calendar. Just scroll down it to October. For those who do not know it, all the Squarebird Calendars since I became the Administrator back in 2008 are listed in the Anything Goes Forum.

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ndar/index.htm

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• ssj335
      Experienced
      • Jul 13 2018

Beautiful that is a very nice looking vehicle

Comment

• vernz
        Experienced
        • Jul 12 2008

Current pictures of the car are now attached to my original post. Thanks so much Ray for plugging the gap with the 2010 calendar post.

Vern

Comment

• ssj335
          Experienced
          • Jul 13 2018

Beautiful car. Love those wheels.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Vern very nice. Power windows and air good options. Good luck
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada