No announcement yet.

Stock carheight on a '59

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock carheight on a '59

Could anyone help me with the stock carheight of a 59 t-bird? I would need the groundclearance at it's lowest point.. or on the sideskirts under tfhe door. Thanks for the help!
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Walter it is generally understood that the height on the 58-60 squarebirds is 52" from the ground to the roof line.

Skirt height: 17 1/2" on my 60
    Bottom Frame: 7 1/2" on my 58

All measurements are as the 58 & 60 sit on my garage floor. Hope this helps and others can chime in.
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Tbird1044
      Super-Experienced
      • Jul 31 2012

If you're looking at why the car sits low in the rear, ever Squarebird that is stock seems to sit that way. There are a lot of ways to correct this if you like the more traditional front end slope. I had my rear leaf springs rebuilt to factory specs and the car still sat low in the rear. I opted for a set of air shocks, pumped them up, and I can control how the car sits. Just thought I would put in my 2 cents.
      Nyles

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Walter to clarify your " side skirts under the door " on my 58 it measures from the garage floor to them 7 1/2 inches. Perhaps someone else can measure theirs to have a comparison.

My wife's 58 sits lower than my 60 by a little bit as Ford made some changes to the suspension on the second (59) and third (60) production years .
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍