X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

In Loving Memory Of Alexander Sosiak

In Loving Memory Of Alexander Sosiak... Co-Founder and Webmaster of Squarebirds.org

It will be one year tomorrow since the passing of our Beloved Alexander. I have taken the liberty of posting the comments of a friend to all of us, Dan Leavens, on learning of Alexander's passing.

From Dan Leavens ~ To All Members ~ Posted 03/28/2008

"I too, am very saddened by Alexander's passing and we have lost a very good friend and mentor. To say he will be missed, is an understatement as his knowledge, patience and quickness to respond, to any question posted on our site, showed his true character. I am honoured to have known him ( although through text ) and proud to continue his dream of having a squarebirds.org site for all to use. The administrators/moderators of this site will continue to maintain it's running, in memory of Alexander. You should know and also be proud that Alexander's passing has been felt all over, as I am a member of several sites and he was not only well known but very respected by his peers."

From Dan Leavens ~ To All Members ~ Posted 03/10/2008

"I would like to share two (2) things with you and then we will continue this site's operation, in memory of Alexander and his legacy. It should also be noted that John Peters (driller) and Sandy Block (SandyBoy) have been instrumental in the initial setup and maintenance of our site.

I replied to Katie ~ 10tbird ( Alexander's niece) for those of you who saw her post and was delighted to have a response from her at 10 years old. She texted "Uncle Alexander being her best friend, could take a whole car apart and then put it back together again". I just about fell off my chair to think that anyone would have as much impact as Alexander did to Katie.

The other, is the overwhelming heartfelt warmth, everyone had towards Alexander and he indeed will be sadly missed. I for one enjoyed our banter and his love for these beloved "squarebirds". I will leave you with this quote from a Canadian poet named Leonard Cohen.

Suddenly the night has grown colder, The God of love preparing to depart. Alexander hoisted on his shoulders, they slip between the sentries of the heart. And you who had the honor of his evening and by that honor had your own restored, say goodbye to Alexander leaving, Alexander leaving with his Lord."

For more information on what led to Alexander's passing and what others have had to say about this great man, go here. There are numerous pages to read concerning the love and regard we had for this man...

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin...exander+Sosiak

Please post any comments regarding Alexander or this post in the Anything Goes Forum and not here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; March 7, 2019, 02:06 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎