No announcement yet.

Towing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing

I'm thinking of towing my Indian motorcycle with a 6x12 cargo trailer with ramp door and was wondering if anyone has ever installed a hitch on a 62 and if I need to install an oil transmission cooler? I believe it's capable of towing 2000 lbs
  • Joe Johnston
    Super-Experienced
    • Dec 23 2008

Drawtite brand hitches were available in the day. I had and sold a couple and are occasionally available on E-Bay. Someone here may have one for sale also and reply to you.

An oil cooler is always a good thing, but common sense is better. No need if driving conservatively, but all day at interstate speed in summer or in the western slopes are vastly different than a local trip. If YOU think YOU need one for YOUR situation, by all means add one along with a trans temp gauge too.

Comment

Towing

Thanks for the info Joe, hopefully will have one for sale if not a modern setup should fit.

Comment

• stubbie
        Experienced
        • Jul 7 2011

From what I have seen of a Tbird tow hitch you would be better off towing your Tbird with your Indian Motorcycle.
        Last edited by stubbie; October 11, 2017, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Towing

Phil, now that was funny!!!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• stubbie
            Experienced
            • Jul 7 2011

I'm always good for a sarcastic remark Ray

Comment

• stubbie
              Experienced
              • Jul 7 2011

This is a pic of an apparent tow hitch for a Tbird

Comment

Originally posted by stubbie
                From what I have seen of a Tbird tow hitch you would be better off towing your Tbird with your Indian Motorcycle.

Ha ha ha ha

Comment

• newyear
                  Experienced
                  • Jan 4 2005

Cooling

Originally posted by gas62tbird
                  I'm thinking of towing my Indian motorcycle with a 6x12 cargo trailer with ramp door and was wondering if anyone has ever installed a hitch on a 62 and if I need to install an oil transmission cooler? I believe it's capable of towing 2000 lbs
                  I have just read this thread re cooling

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum > 1958 To 1960 Thunderbirds - General Technical Discussion > 1958 To 1960 Squarebirds - General Technical Discussion
                  Transmission cooler

Was wondering if you meant additional cooling as I thought the transmission cooler was mounted in the OEM radiator setup

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎