Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Our Rides (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Wheels & Wing show 2008 (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4965)

Anders 07-18-2008 07:39 PM

Wheels & Wing show 2008

10 Attachment(s)
The annual Wings & Wheel show is held this weekend, well, Friday and Saturday that is, here in Sweden, and I vent down this morning to check it out and meet some friend from the Swedish Squarebird /Thunderbird Club. Great guys all of them.
Unfortunally, the weather predictions have been quite sad, as rain was expected tomorrow saturday. This morning started with rain as I vent there ( approx 50 miles ). But at 9, the rain stopped, and the sun came after lunch giving us a nice and warm afternoon.
Pics from the top and down:
On the way, 06:30 in the morning, in the rain ( she does not leak :) )...
Nice green ī60.
Two ī60 & a ī58.
A ī60, 430 with Goldie top and just about every option avalible. No trailer queens here. They drove 100 miles /one way to come. SWEEET!
A mint green beuty!
Bottom two: NICE ī58 and close up on the mirror that I just bought myself on Ebay. Anyone knows how to find the right rubber sealings to these?

Anders 07-18-2008 07:52 PM

Part two...

6 Attachment(s)
A few other nice birds.

Anders 07-18-2008 07:56 PM

Part 3. "Other stuff...

4 Attachment(s)
Couldnīt resist these pics.
The Camaro was :eek::rolleyes::confused: From all angels.
The Sheriff have the jail with him....

dgs 07-19-2008 01:23 AM

Love those pics. A Squarebird pulling a camper! Wow.

That Camaro is just wrong, plain wrong.

YellowRose 07-19-2008 01:52 AM

Wheels & Wing show 2008

Thanks, Anders, for sharing all those beautiful, beautiful pictures with us! There are some great looking Tbirds there, and quite a lot of them! Plus the other cars are very interesting also. I am glad the weather let up for ya'll.

Bob M 07-19-2008 08:57 AM

Anders
Love the pictures looks like you had a good show, I would like to have one of those travel trailers
Bob M

Penelope 07-19-2008 09:01 AM

Great photo's Anders, love that 58 pulling the camper. If you notice, even the bikes have white walls. Great attention to detail by that owner!

Bill

tbird430 07-19-2008 10:17 AM

Thanks for sharing those pics. I just wish that '60 S/R 430cid car had an OE air cleaner on her. I wonder if the owner knows how rare his/her car really is??? :cool:

Anders 07-19-2008 12:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbird430 (Post 23539)
Thanks for sharing those pics. I just wish that '60 S/R 430cid car had an OE air cleaner on her. I wonder if the owner knows how rare his/her car really is??? :cool:

He does.:cool: To be honest, I donīt know what "an OE air cleaner " is. He told me this Airintake was an option or assesory, and rare, and fully OK for this car. Canīt realy argue with him either, as he knows 100 times more than me on these cars in the first place. I think it looks supercool.
He have done the restoration himself a few years ago. He told me itīs for sale in the region of 67 K. I need to play Bingo or something this week...
Hereīs some more pics of her. The SelectAire have is different than my ī58. LOVE these ī60 doors!!!!
Quite nice with a Red steering wheel

Dan Leavens 07-19-2008 12:31 PM

Anders thanks for the pixs and I am glad it all worked out with the weather. I too installed this mirror on my 58 and had a plastic / rubber seal that I made from a template, that was on our site. If you search and can't find it let me know, as I think I printed a copy in my files and I will e-mail it to you. When you drill the holes to install make sure you mask off either the door / fender ( different discussions on where to put ) to ensure the drill bit doesn't skip across your paint job. Pilot holes don't always prevent this from happening. Also, as the holes are now exposed in the body,touch them up with any extra paint that you have to prevent them to rust. I installed it on the driver's fender as it provided more vision to the rear fin than did the door. Your choice.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada