Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1960 Edsel 292
    • Aug 20 2010

battery tray

my buddys 60 edels ranger is in need of a new battery tray. do any of you knwo what will interchange with the edsel,maybe a tray from a galaxie or t-bird ? i could always fab him up a new one, but i like direct bolt in stuff. LOL.

thanks

leonard
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

battery tray

Hi Leonard,

Here is the link to the '60 Edsel. On this website, it says this about the '60 Edsel.

"To keep costs as low as possible, as well as to drop the signature "horsecollar" look, the 1960 Edsel shared the same mechanics and body style as the 1960 Ford Fairlane"

So it looks to me like anything that worked on the 60 Fairlane should work on the '60 Edsel as well.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Ray is right... Ford Car inner panels fit the Edsel as well. I fabricated my Galaxie battery tray from stainless steel. You'll hate me for this, but I welded it to the fender apron. My tray was half eaten away, so I made a rectangle base and surrounded it with a 1/4" stainless 'lip'. I duplicated the original tie-down holes, as it steps up. Then, I welded 18-8 SS nuts on the bottom side w/308 SS. The whole tray turned out beautiful and it will never rust or corrode.

Hey, don't forget to add a combination proportioning valve to your booster order. Call Dave and ask him which one to get. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• 1960 Edsel 292
        • Aug 20 2010

thanks much for the info ray and dave.
        i was thinking maybe the battery tray was the same as a full size galaxie or fairlane. great.. i will search for one.
        and i was thinking on fabbing a new tray up and still might if the price for a new one is too high.

yes dave, i will let oldirishdave know we also need a prop valve for sure. he said he is out of town for 2 days so we will be calling him probably next saturday. my buddy not only dont know how to work on cars, but also hates ordering stuff on the phone he has no idea about... thats where i come in again. LOL.

thanks again for the help guys.

leonard

Comment

• Fullsize Ford
          • Sep 1 2010

re: battery try for 1960 ford

Leonard,
          Sometime last year I found a newly stamped tray from a seller on eBay for a 61 Galaxie that fits but I'm not sure if its the same "stamp" as what your ranger and my Farlain had stock because mine was replaced with a board when I bought my car. I think I paid less than $40 for it and it was painted all ready to install.
          Eric

See attached link

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎