X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

Idea to end the fuel sloshing

I'm thinking of taking one of those "Brillo Pads", actually a stainless steel scrubbing pad, and jamming it down into the base of the fill tube, to keep fuel from sloshing up the tube while cornering. This is what is found inside the intake manifold baffle, to keep oil out of the crankcase vent tube.
  • scumdog
    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by Yadkin
    I'm thinking of taking one of those "Brillo Pads", actually a stainless steel scrubbing pad, and jamming it down into the base of the fill tube, to keep fuel from sloshing up the tube while cornering. This is what is found inside the intake manifold baffle, to keep oil out of the crankcase vent tube.

Just get a gas-tank cap that fits properly!

The brillo-pad type item will (a) probably cause more blow-back when you gas up and more alarmingly (b) will have bit breaking off and cluttering up your fuel lines/filter/fuel pump.

Again my Kiwi 2-cents worth - equal to 1.36 US Cents!
    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Yadkin
      Banned
      • Aug 11 2012

The "proper" cap is vented, and doesn't stop gas from getting out of the top of the tube. Also I am venting the tank out of the in tank pump through a carbon canister. Is there a sealed cap made for this fill tube?

Comment

• JJbird
        Apprentice
        • Jan 2 2015

Do you have the right size O ring connecting the filler tube to the gas tank? I have a vented cap.

I can jack my car up on two wheels with a full tank and gas does not come out.

I have taken corners a little faster than I should of in my car, but never had the gas come out. Maybe from the passenger, but not the car.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎