Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum

Squarebirds, Rocketbirds, and Fifties/Sixties Ford Discussion Forum (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Events (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A "Down Under" S&S! (http://squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22165)

YellowRose 11-13-2017 01:37 PM

A "Down Under" S&S!

10 Attachment(s)
Gumeracha S&S So. Australia 2017

"Hi Ray, our latest Car Show. Feel free to select what you feel suitable to place in the Forum. About 120 cars, mainly American. Unfortunately there were only 2 T.BIRDs. The Wanderers Rock & Roll Car Club which I'm in won the best display. We were Televised, but I forgot to ask when it was to be aired. Hope you enjoy some of the Pix. The two people being interviewed are the President & Vice President."

Check out how Chris displays his gorgeous Squarebird! He sent me a lot of pix and I am going to post them for you to enjoy, as you will see classic cars that we normally do not see in this part of the world...

YellowRose 11-13-2017 01:41 PM

A "Down Under" S&S!

10 Attachment(s)
Here are some more pix to enjoy!

YellowRose 11-13-2017 01:44 PM

A "Down Under" S&S!

10 Attachment(s)
Still more pix to feast your eyes on!

YellowRose 11-13-2017 01:48 PM

A "Down Under" S&S!

10 Attachment(s)
Still a lot more to see!

YellowRose 11-13-2017 01:52 PM

A "Down Under" S&S!

7 Attachment(s)
Here are the last of them! I see that I should have put these in reverse order! Post #1 explains a bit about the S&S event that Chris ~ bird 60 attended.

scumdog 11-13-2017 02:33 PM

Cool cars - aparr from the T- bucket type cars having fenders ( and the licence plates of course!) it could easily be a NZ car show.

I noticed the red F100 still has its wipers in the left hand drive configuration, over here they sweep in the other direction to suit the driver being on the right hand side.

newyear 11-13-2017 03:21 PM

Fantastic photos-The chrome on Chris's Squarebird is spectacular!

bird 60 11-13-2017 07:03 PM

Thanks for your comment Peter. Just as a matter of interest, the long Blueish Green & White Top Cadillac once belonged to the Prince of Siam, so I was told. Even though I do very well in my class, it's very hard in open class, especially with the Australian Classic cars. They have gone up in price considerably in the past few years. They are very fresh in paint, chrome, & upholstery. And now that we can modify, a lot of the engine bays are a lot neater.
The blue & white Wolseley took out one of the major trophies. They put us in two classes, pre & post '78. My interest is mainly '50s & '60s.

Chris.......From OZ.

Dan Leavens 11-14-2017 09:18 AM

Chris very nice and you have down a great job. Still getting used to seeing the " baby bird "windows on your 60:D

RustyNCa 11-14-2017 12:18 PM

I don't really care for portholes on squarebirds, but your's is done really nice. I like how you did it.