X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thunderherd
    Apprentice
    • Oct 22 2014

TULSA area ?

Is there anybody in the Tulsa, OK. area with a square bird? I'm here for a few days over Thanksgiving Holiday and need to look at something. Need to buy some stuff and I need to look at the rear deck, and measure it to. I can buy it now and take it back with me saving shipping cost. Other wise, need to wait till I get home to look at mine. Thanks
  • olevet
    Experienced
    • Jan 28 2015

Originally posted by Thunderherd
    Is there anybody in the Tulsa, OK. area with a square bird? I'm here for a few days over Thanksgiving Holiday and need to look at something. Need to buy some stuff and I need to look at the rear deck, and measure it to. I can buy it now and take it back with me saving shipping cost. Other wise, need to wait till I get home to look at mine. Thanks
    I live about 2 hours south an have a few parts cars as well as one complete 60 and the 60 Im trying to restore
    Come on

Comment

• Thunderherd
      Apprentice
      • Oct 22 2014

Olivet. Sounds good. You gonna be around Friday? I'll get up early and run down there. I'll pm you my number. PM me yours and I'll call when I get there. Thanks.

Comment

• olevet
        Experienced
        • Jan 28 2015

Thunderherd, It was great meeting you. Hope you got all the info you needed and those parts work well.
        He showed up just as Grandsons and I were dropping the engine and Trans back in my 60 . Had fun talking Old cars

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Guys that is cool that the two of you got to meet and talk about your classics.
          That's why I always say this is the best TBird site on the planet
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• olevet
            Experienced
            • Jan 28 2015

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
            Guys that is cool that the two of you got to meet and talk about your classics.
            That's why I always say this is the best TBird site on the planet
            It was great, he looked at the 2 parts cars i have and got a few small parts , Hope he had a safe trip back to Kentucky

Comment

• Thunderherd
              Apprentice
              • Oct 22 2014

Hey, here I am. Yes, it was a treat to meet olevet and his grandsons. He was working hard, lol. Operating the engine hoist while the grand kids did the work. Hahaha. Really, though, he seemed to be teaching them right. Gave them suggestions on what to do, and kind of let them try their way. If that didn't work, another suggestion. Way to go grandpa.
              Yep, picked up a few small pieces while I was there. Thank you again. The red bird you're working on is gonna be sharp. We need pictures when you get her together. If you're ever back my way, give me a call. This goes for anybody here on the forum.
              While I was in Oklahoma, picked up a few more parts to. Got a rear end stump with the gearing I want to try. 2:75 to 1 ratio. Came out of a 1968 Couger. He also gave me the backing plates with all the hardware and brake shoes on them. These are wide shoes, and drums. I'm gonna try them and see if they fit. This will give me the self adjusters in the rear. And the drums look pretty good and look like they have been turned recently.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎