X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scumdog
    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Gas price in NZ!

Gas has just gone up in price again, by my calculation the lowest octane gas is just over US$6 for a US gallon, I hate to think what the high octane stuff I use in the Thunderbird costs! (Cost me NZ$106 for 10 UK gallons I put in it on Saturday before prices went up)
    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

You got me thinking, Tom... Years ago when regular gas was outrageously high at US$1.00/gal., mid-grade was a dime higher and premium was twenty cents higher. That's about 20% more for 93 octane.

Our current Detroit price for 86-octane regular gas is ~US$2.80/gal. 92-octane Premium is still ten cents higher. So, premium gas is MUCH cheaper, less than 8% more. Good deal if you drive a Mustang.

I cannot imagine six bucks/gal. I know many parts of the world pay over five bucks and that is the reason for scooters and small cars.

If Squarebirds are personal luxury cars, it certainly IS a luxury to afford the gas. BTW, when I overhaul daily driver engines I keep the compression ratio down to ~9.2:1 so it can burn regular gas and add longevity.

10-UK gallons = 12-US gallons - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Gas price in NZ!

Average gas price for 86 octane here is $2.45gal....

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• stubbie
        Experienced
        • Jul 7 2011

Gas price here in Aust (well Perth in my area) $1.50 per liter 91 octane. 4.5461 liter's per gallon. $6.81 per Aus gallon.

Comment

• bird 60
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 18 2009

It reached $1.75 per Litre here in Adelaide for Premium. 4.5 Litres to the Imperial Gallon. $ 7.87 per Ausie Gallon. Believe it Dave it's fact.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• scumdog
            Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by bird 60
            It reached $1.75 per Litre here in Adelaide for Premium. 4.5 Litres to the Imperial Gallon. $ 7.87 per Ausie Gallon. Believe it Dave it's fact.

Chris.....From OZ.
            Hmm, NZ $2:39 a litre for 91 here Chris and $2:50 a litre in Wanaka. (Popular tourist vacation & skiing destination 3 hours inland from here)
            A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• bird 60
              Super-Experienced
              • Mar 18 2009

I hope the price drops in February of next year, as we're going to Napier for the Art Deco Festival. Been there twice already.

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

• OX1
                Super-Experienced
                • Feb 10 2016

Originally posted by simplyconnected
                Y

Our current Detroit price for 86-octane regular gas is ~US$2.80/gal. 92-octane Premium is still ten cents higher.
                Not in jersey, 93 premium is 60 cents higher over 87. But still "only" $3.34 a gallon and that is for Shell or Sunoco, the only two I use.
                59-430-HT

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

As a comparison in Calgary, Alberta Canada a litre of regular gas is $1.34 and just went up. We have been averaging $1.20 a litre most of the summer other than holiday weekends when the price goes up before the long weekend.
                  Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍