Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 29 Model A,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My 29 Model A,

    Here is the ol Model A now....







    Now that you have seen what it looks like, I am planning on having some graphics and pin striping done to it....We aren't changing the body color, just adding the graphics and pin striping so I am not sure why the Artist TomCat shows the body in a different color.

    I am very curious to hear your thoughts on the car and style, I am leaning toward the reverse 4 scallop scheme.

    We are also trying to come up with a name for her. Note it has lots of Acme Beer items on the car already....

    So far suggestions have been

    The speakeasy special
    Blind Pig
    Ratskeeller or Rathskeller
    Beer Slinger


    Here are the renderings...






    And some photoshop work by a guy over on KillBillit.



  • #2
    That is one brutal rod. It give me hughe "M U S T have something like that!" feeling right down my stomach.
    I would vote for the top scallop scetch, where the upper scallop is the longest. In my opinion, it make it more evil that the others.
    And I wouldn´t be able to find a cooler name myself than "Beer Slinger"

    Realy nice picture when this rusty rod is on that clean drive.
    The braking light is sooo spot on!!
    Last edited by Anders; July 3rd, 2010, 05:02 PM.
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth"
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome!!!

      Love it!!!

      Envious!!

      Speakeasy Special. Mount an aluminum drum on the rear of the car with "Hootch" written on it.

      A couple Ed Roth Ratfink decals . . .


      John
      1958 Hardtop
      #8452 TBird Registry
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=8452


      photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
      history:
      http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

      Comment


      • #4
        Here is another favorite of mine.


        and I love the gas pedal!


        from a Ludwig drum set....
        http://www.streetrodderweb.com/featu.../photo_01.html
        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth"
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

        Comment


        • #5
          Looks good, but ...

          The distributor is in the wrong place. Mike

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gaffney1951 View Post
            The distributor is in the wrong place. Mike
            I tend to lean that way too - motor is too 'ethical'
            A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

            Comment


            • #7
              Okay, I'm the odd ball.

              I vote for the flame job....
              sigpic
              The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

              VTCI Member#6287.

              Comment


              • #8
                Me and my graphic designer at work discussed the paintjob this morning. We booth liked the upper proposal, but are not sure we would go over the firewall with the graphics. Perhaps let it flow more rear and put the ACME Beer on the firewall-front part. However, we thought it would be interesting to mask the pattern you want and sandblast the outline. Not to shiny, but half-ways so to say, and then just give it some oil or wax for protection.
                sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth"
                http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gaffney1951 View Post
                  The distributor is in the wrong place. Mike
                  Good One, Mike. I don't think many understood that comment.
                  sigpic
                  Mike Lemmon
                  '59 Raven Black Hardtop

                  http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I was gonna make a comment about the FE motor being in backwards but decided to keep it to myself . . .
                    1958 Hardtop
                    #8452 TBird Registry
                    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=8452


                    photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
                    history:
                    http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                      I was gonna make a comment about the FE motor being in backwards but decided to keep it to myself . . .
                      , Well, I have a couple 352s laying around and yeah, I have that thought on my agenda, but I need to figure out if a big block will fit where a sbc has been installed.

                      Also how much of a size difference is there between a C6 and a Turbo 350?

                      I have an Edlebrock 3x2 manifold but I would really like to find a 6x2 setup. I have heard they are out there, found an add for one that sold for $400.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Anders View Post
                        Me and my graphic designer at work discussed the paintjob this morning. We booth liked the upper proposal, but are not sure we would go over the firewall with the graphics. Perhaps let it flow more rear and put the ACME Beer on the firewall-front part. However, we thought it would be interesting to mask the pattern you want and sandblast the outline. Not to shiny, but half-ways so to say, and then just give it some oil or wax for protection.
                        Yeah, we aren't going over the firewall with it, but it may be up on the cowl of the car.

                        Interesting about the sandblasting, so you mean the edge we show in white, etc. would be in a shiny bare metal right?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RustyNCa View Post
                          Yeah, we aren't going over the firewall with it, but it may be up on the cowl of the car.

                          Interesting about the sandblasting, so you mean the edge we show in white, etc. would be in a shiny bare metal right?
                          Bare metal. Just not to shiny. Only enough to give it a contrast line.

                          My mistake: I said Firewall, but ment cowl as it change shape so dramaticly from the side. On a car like this, less is more. I would concider having the ACME Beer logo on the cowl instead. Or perhaps 4 aces ( cards ), or a pinup girl, or a....
                          Last edited by Anders; July 6th, 2010, 11:42 PM.
                          sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth"
                          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Anders View Post
                            Bare metal. Just not to shiny. Only enough to give it a contrast line.

                            My mistake: I said Firewall, but ment cowl as it change shape so dramaticly from the side. On a car like this, less is more. I would concider having the ACME Beer logo on the cowl instead. Or perhaps 4 aces ( cards ), or a pinup girl, or a....
                            Or I suppose the ACME pinup girls, they used these three in their advertising campaigns back in the day.





                            What do you think of this one?

                            Last edited by RustyNCa; July 7th, 2010, 12:05 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                              Awesome!!!

                              Love it!!!

                              Envious!!

                              Speakeasy Special. Mount an aluminum drum on the rear of the car with "Hootch" written on it.

                              A couple Ed Roth Ratfink decals . . .



                              John
                              Actually we are talking about using some of the "dead" space in the trunk to make a place to carry a mini keg in an iced bucket type deal, run some plumbing to the interior and mount a real functioning tap on the back wall..... I have a very old tap with a tap head for either POS Beer or Pabst.



                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X