• Show
Clear All

• My Frankenbird

Think $200 was too much?
    sigpic
    Keepin it square!
    El Guapo out!

no i dont think it was too much
    did you get anything else with it thats not in the pics?
    57 ford sedan
    60 thunderbird registry number 33404
    69 mustang coupe
    69 roadrunner

Comment

Well I did get all my front and rear suspension parts and a motor for the front seat. We'll see how much it cost to have the trash man take it away..
      Anyone need glass?
      sigpic
      Keepin it square!
      El Guapo out!

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
        Well I did get all my front and rear suspension parts and a motor for the front seat. We'll see how much it cost to have the trash man take it away..
        Anyone need glass?
        Pearl needs a new passenger main window. I wonder if it would make it all the way to Oz in one peice?? My guess is it would get busted and cost a fortune to try and get it here. Can you hang on for a couple of days until Pearl arrives so I can see what type of glass she has?

I am warming to Perla, EG, nice thought!
        sigpicBill
        Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

What condition are the three chrome pieces on the steering wheel? I have a new horn ring, pretty nice center cap from a 60 but my chrome spikes are really pitted. If they are in fair condition I'll take them. With a small screwdriver you can gently pry them out. Closeup photo???

note: The horn rings are fragile at the center hub and mine was broken at in several places. it cost me 140 for a repo where a good used one would have work for me. Its one of the things that might be worth hanging on to.
          Last edited by chewrocks; May 10th, 2009, 01:32 PM.
          Victor
          59 HT, White on the outside, red and white in the middle.
          Registry# 33154

Comment

Say....what kind of condition is that dash pad in?
            Could it be rolled up and shipped? I could use it as a pattern...

The steering wheel is in better shape than Corals...what is that made out of anyway? the 'white stuff'

Personally, if you can, I would hang onto any of the glass...windshields are a fortune if you can find them...

Hum...didn't one of our new members need chrome pieces?
            Last edited by Coral; May 10th, 2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

EG what type of glass does it have in it, clear or tinted Sunex.I am need of a driver's side window as mine cracked a couple of days ago.
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

i could use a few pieces i need tinted door glass (both) and the driver side vent wing and the driver side rear bumper that wraps around the tailights among others
                57 ford sedan
                69 mustang coupe
                69 roadrunner

Comment

Originally posted by Coral View Post
                  Say....what kind of condition is that dash pad in?
                  Could it be rolled up and shipped? I could use it as a pattern...

The steering wheel is in better shape than Corals...what is that made out of anyway? the 'white stuff'

Personally, if you can, I would hang onto any of the glass...windshields are a fortune if you can find them...

Hum...didn't one of our new members need chrome pieces?
                  That would be me, but it doesn't look like that car would be any better than what I already have. My need is interior chrome trim. And the door handles are not so good.

A powersteering res. cap and the internals that hold the filter in place.

Isn't that a 58 door on it?

I need a front windscreen, last week a shop told me, 750 for a new one.

Comment

Poor Frankenbird....will look like a flea-bit mongrel before too long, LOL

Comment

Not much is good on it.. chrome's all pitted door glass is gone.front window has a very small ding that could be fixed and rear glass is good.Steering wheel is good but will need to be painted.Horn ring is pitted.
                      All suspension is rusted but a good blasting and powder coating will fix.
                      She's been neglected but has a donor card.
                      sigpic
                      Keepin it square!
                      El Guapo out!

Comment

Originally posted by Coral View Post
                        Poor Frankenbird....will look like a flea-bit mongrel before too long, LOL
                        Already does!
                        sigpic
                        Keepin it square!
                        El Guapo out!

Comment

Love the wagon wheels and the outline letter tire. LOL

Hold on - it has a passenger side mirror, that's not too common. Oh, and a trunk mounted antenna! It appears to be broken though. Is the mast replaceable?
                          DGS (aka salguod)
                          1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                          www.salguod.net

Comment

would it happen to have the glove box lock cylinder? i need one of it does
                            57 ford sedan
                            69 mustang coupe
                            69 roadrunner

Comment

Glove box is gone and I think I'll keep the mirrors and antenna.See what I can do with 'em
                              sigpic
                              Keepin it square!
                              El Guapo out!

Comment

Working...
                              X