X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream on Bucko...LOL

Comment

Hey Cathie,
      I have tried talking her into letting me get her a pink convertible Thunderbird, preferably '60.
      NO CAN DO!!!
      Richard D. Hord
      sigpic'60 Thunderbird "Christine"
      Registry #33436

Comment

Well, what have you tried saying already....maybe pink isn't her color...?

Comment

Sorry brandonian, I missed your comment about seeing more of Coral...Yes I have a website in my profile... from there you go to
          Photos page, then car pix.....
          theres also some on my picasa web album the link is on Coral's web page

Ive also a short story on her here somewhere....

Maybe then you'll see why I was after one of your birds....

Comment

Here's a few more pics of the red car. The last picture is of a wall sculpture I bought off ebay! Marilyn's in the driver's seat.

Comment

The blue car turns 50 on the 15th of this month!!! It's been at the paint shop of a friend for 1 year, 5 months, and counting ... still sitting in primer ... guess I won't have it back in time for her birthday! Red car turns 50 on May 12th, and the white car turns 50 of June 22nd!

Comment

Brandon hang in there as the day will come when you are out cruisin. 50 years old, now that is a good milestone.
                Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

I spended the most of the day today in a friends garage where he is building a ī32 roadster. My part is to do some sign and pinstriping. Another guy with a very, very beutiful spotless black Impala was also there and we came to talk about paintjobs. Booth these guys had
                  cars at the same painter. The one who is building the ī32, also have 2 Camaros. One was in for paint and it took 6 years! The Impala took 7.......
                  But booth are very happy about the result
                  sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth"
                  http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm trying to be patient and hang in there, I know it'll be worth the wait, but I really really want my car back! And it doesn't help that he's told me 3 different times he'd have my car done by a certain date and he's missed every deadline he's sat for himself. And I also missed my appointment with my interior guy who has a 3 month wait list! I'll get by somehow ... what other choice do I have? I'll just comfort myself in the knowledge that he's one of the very best painters and body men around and that I'll be glad I took the car to him! And he really did give me an unbelievably good deal ... so ...

Comment

I totally understand your worries!
                      I guess if you miss your own deadline you need to find another painter and see if the best deal is to sit with the one you have or move the car. As soon as you have the car back, and the result ( and economy ) pass your expectation, you will be glad you kept it with him. If he donīt, well, thatīs another story...

I guess, in the end, the final result will be the most important. But again, I totally understand your frustration.
                      sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth"
                      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Hey Brandon,
                        I also understand your worries! But she's like a fine wine the long she sits the better she will be
                        Richard D. Hord
                        Registry #33436

Comment

Hey Brandon,

You didn't by any chance say to the Guy to take his time, no rush did you?
                          The reason why I'm asking that question is because I stopped using that line long ago. By telling them to take their time I've discovered that that's exactly what they do. That's also a price that we pay by getting a friend to do the work.
                          More important is that you're happy with the end result.

Best of luck.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

Thanks guys!

When I took the car to him, he said he had a few other cars to get out of the way and that it may take him a couple weeks to start mine. I said, no worries ... and then asked how long it'd probably take for him to do the car and get it back to me. He had a trip coming up, etc. etc. etc. and said about 3 months maybe cause of his trip. I said no problem, that I just wanted to have it back by February last year. He said that was plenty of time, 8 months. It's now going on 18 months ... which is twice as long as it was supposed to be! He does great work, I've used him before with my 97 convertible, and he did give me a really fair price ... so I can't complain about money or quality, just time! It'll all be worth it. I just keep looking at the pictures of how I want it painted ... it keeps me going!!! HA!

Comment

Well, it's 2 months later, but it finally FINALLY has some BLUE on it! Not as far as I'd hoped it would be ... but better than nothing I suppose!!!

Here's 3 silly questions that I could probably find the answers to if I would LOOK ... but instead I'll just ask here and hope someone answers.

1. How do you remove the rain rails above the doors? One of mine has a few ugly knicks and dents in it that I don't think could be polished out.

2. Is there some sort of seal that's supposed to go inside the rain rail? I would normally think no, but there's some chunks of dried up stuff in the rails of my red bird and I thought to myself ... hmmm ... that's gotta be SOMETHING. If it's a seal, where can I get it? I'm talking about the top of the rail, not the underside.

3. What sorta polish do y'all recomend for polishing the stainless steel? Someone said to use 4x steel wool ... but the idea of that scares me!

Any help is always appreciated!!!

Comment

Hey Brandon,
                                Some of the other guys maybe able to help. I went and looked at Christine, looks like that snaps over the sheet metal of the top. That seal is some kind of caulk that Ford used to keep water form running in between the body and the stainless steel trim!
                                Also there are no silly questions! The only silly question is one that is not asked!!!
                                Richard D. Hord
                                Registry #33436

Comment

Working...
                                X