Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timmy Brown ~ alnukem's New-To-Him Black Raven '58 Squarebird!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timmy Brown ~ alnukem's New-To-Him Black Raven '58 Squarebird!

Timmy sent me pix of his '58 Tbird, which I downsized to 800x600 for posting here on the Forum. Here are the rest of the pix of her that he sent me! Enjoy these!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator.....
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Wow, That '58 looks like a survivor . Would be a great car for documentation . Decals on the breather look original, " old ford blue " engine paint still showing , original water bag for windshield wash etc.etc. Only sore point is the " red " heater hoses . Are the skirts missing ? A beautiful example of a '58 hardtop . Thanks for sharing .

Comment

I agree. A really nice original car. As for the skirts they were optional so maybe it didn't come with them.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

Comment

And look at those door panels John , Have to be the best originals I have ever seen . Also , the dash looks original and radio ' delete ' with no antenna .

Comment

Yes, it is a radio delete car.....but it has the optional heater! I generally don't listen to radio in a car, I prefer the input of the road & car. I have not unpacked the trunk, but I don't think it ever had skirts, I'm also glad of that. I was looking it over & found the orange paint inspectors stamp....pretty neat. The drivers seat was taped up, but the car came with 4 original seat covers. I probably would not bother with it, just better matching tape, but the foam is deteriorating & it looks like ****. The drivers door has some scratches, maybe from a dog, but it's not really a big thing to me, factory paint is important to me, I would rather have scratches than to repaint it. "I" think, that you never break the paint unless you have to (IMHO). It has 38K on the clock & runs just fine, stopping is a different story! Please let me know if you guys have questions or need photos of anything. Thanks for letting me in the club! Tim

Comment

Tim very nice 58 and as mentioned in good condition and always liked the Raven black. The exterior badges look great and don't sweat the seats as they can become a project. Welcome to squarebirds.org and is she registered in the TBird registry on our site?
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Nice ride. Looks like a survivor to me but would to additional pics showing some more detail on the bird. A pic of the orange mark would be appreciated. Would you be willing to post a pic of the data plate?

Did you find the bird in Oregon? From what little I can see of the detail of the bird it is really neat. Look on the drivers side of the radiator as there was a paper label applied at the factory. There was another one applied to the front of the expansion tank. This bird would be wonderful to document as the 58's in the rules had the sparcest of into. The window sticker was used until 59 so most of the info on 58's come from the birds.

Many Tanx for sharing.
              Fuz
              58's&64's
              Sun Prairie, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by tmjsong1aolcom View Post
                Nice ride. Looks like a survivor to me but would to additional pics showing some more detail on the bird. A pic of the orange mark would be appreciated. Would you be willing to post a pic of the data plate?

Did you find the bird in Oregon? From what little I can see of the detail of the bird it is really neat. Look on the drivers side of the radiator as there was a paper label applied at the factory. There was another one applied to the front of the expansion tank. This bird would be wonderful to document as the 58's in the rules had the sparcest of into. The window sticker was used until 59 so most of the info on 58's come from the birds.

Many Tanx for sharing.
                Fuz
                58's&64's
                Sun Prairie, Wi.
                Was wondering when you were going to chime in on this one Fuz . Seems like a piece of history like the white one you picked up over here a few years ago . Hope all is well,

Martin.

Comment

Here is what photos I have today that seem pertinent.

Comment

The car spent its a lot of its life in Eastern Oregon. I know the last 34 years were spent in Milton-Freewater, Or. And get this........It came from Walla Walla, Washington (if you remember Warner Bros.!).

Comment

H8YH124798? (Can't read that data plate very well) = H = Engine Code = 352, 8=1958, Y=Wixom Assembly Plant. Back then all Tbirds were made there. 63A=Body Style=2Dr Hardtop, Color=A=Raven Black, Trim=XY? Can't read it... Same with the date - 22B? Trans=4=COM, Axle=1=3.10

If you can clear up the VIN #, the Trim code, and the Date Code, please... The VIN # always started with a 1, and IF I got the VIN # right, it was the 24,798th '58 Tbird made.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                      The Terminator.....
                      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Fuz great to see you on the site and as Martin mentioned hope all is well.
                        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                        Thunderbird Registry
                        58HT #33317
                        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                        X