Announcement

Collapse

Down for Maintenance

Squarebirds.org will be down for a few hours on Sunday morning (Feb. 24th) just after midnight Eastern Standard Time, for maintenance. Eastern time is Coordinated Universal Time (or UTC-4), for all our international members. - Dave
See more
See less

Introducing "Blue Rose"!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty confident that info is incorrect. I know that some states (CARB statess) require long battery warranties, 10 years 150k on the Prius. I assume that others would be similar and in fact that's exactly what Ford's hybrid warranty is, 8yr/100K in most states, 10/150K in CARB states. So clearly they last longer than 4-5 years or Ford would be paying for a lot of batteries!

I'm not a fan of the seat covers, but it's not my car. Modern leathers seats are quite durable and very attractive, I'd just leave 'em alone if it were me.

They are neat cars, a coworker has a Focus ST which he loves. Drives a fair bit different than the T'bird, a different kind of fun. Will likely run circles around it too, I know my Mazda3 will. I love them both, for different reasons.
    DGS (aka salguod)
    1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
    www.salguod.net

Comment

Introducing "Blue Rose"!

Thanks for posting that link. That should be a help to others who might be considering the Ford Hybrid as a future choice. As for the seat covers... They will work for me, I think. My van had an all leather interior and I made the mistake of not putting a seat cover on the drivers side at least. After 10 years of use, with the rest of the seats looking to be almost new, the drivers seat was really showing the wear and tear on it. I also noticed that I had a bunch of orange "popcorn" under the seat as the seat cushion was going bad on me. So, hence the seat covers. If I find something that looks better, I might replace them.

Yes, it is so much fun to drive! As much fun as my Mazda RX-7 rotary drive when I bought it new many years ago. Up to now, that was the most fun to drive.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
      "It's Hip To Be Square"
      Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Well Ray, Im pretty sure that your leather interior would look quite OK, if not better than new with some nice patina if you treat it with leather treatment from time to time.
        Modern cars does have quite an disanvantage compare to old style cars and that is the fact that the leather is painted, and with thick paint, to the correct color and this makes it more difficult for it to breath. There are A LOT of different levels of quality as well, in the same car, not to mention that most brands still use vinyl on some places but still call it "full leather". Oh yes, they cheat and they do it on purpose! There is money to save you know…. And Ford are experts in saving that kind of money I tell you. Oh yeah. So you can wear off the paint without to much effort. Sometimes only by enter and exit the car while sliding over the seat, wears out the paint and another color appears. Still, by using leather treatment, they still look SO MUCH BETTER than not using it.
        sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth"
        http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Focus

Hi Ray, Just on a curious note, the 2013 Focus Hatchback sold for $32,990 here in OZ. The Diesel sold for $ 36,490. If you got it with all the bells & whistles an extra $2,500.

If not being personal how much were they in the States.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

Introducing "Blue Rose"!

Hi Chris,

I will do some research on that after the Tostito's Bowl is over and send ya a PM! I am watching football, U. of Central Florida vs Baylor U.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
            "It's Hip To Be Square"
            Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
            X