X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Welcome, captjohn !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, captjohn! John hales from Alabama and owns a 1959 Tbird Hardtop! We always enjoy seeing pictures of our new users Tbird. As a Paid Member if you have anything you want to share with us you can post attachments directly on our server. To become one, have a PayPal account and click on the Donate to Site button at the top right of this Forum. To post attachments as an unpaid user you can create an account on one of the free picture hosting websites, upload your pictures of your Tbird there and post the link to them in Our Rides Forum. Or you can send them to me, John Pizzi ~ jopizz, Ray Clark ~ YellowRose, or Dave Dare, our webmaster ~ simplyconnected and we will post them for you. When you post pictures please set them for 800x600 size for better viewing on the Forum. We have the greatest Tbird Techies from around the world on here. So if you need any help with your Tbird just post away in the Squarebirds Forum. They will be glad to help. I would recommend that you save my phone number should you ever need to contact me. Should you have any problems navigating our Forum, please contact me, Ray or Dave. His phone number is 248-544-8834. Enjoy The Journey!
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
  • captjohn
    Experienced
    • Nov 6 2018

Learned to drive on a 58 Tbird.

Thanks for the nice welcome. My Mother had a 58 Turquoise and White hardtop I learned to drive with. I just acquired a 59 that is being shipped to me. Been wanting to get one for years.
    Does anyone on here go to CruisintheCoast in Biloxi, MS each year? I'm 60 miles away and wouldn't miss it. 8000 cars but not many Squarebirds.
    59HT TBird Registry: RN#76495
    Sweet Home Alabama, Where the skies are so blue.

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, captjohn !!

Hi John, and welcome aboard! I see you also liked the Indian Turquoise and White Squarebird, as I do, and others on here. As for making the trip to Biloxi, I know there have been some who have, in my area, in Louisiana, and other areas. Some of the members of various Vintage Thunderbird Club, International (VTCI) have also. Perhaps some from this Forum in that general area also have.

Since you are a new Tbird owner, there is information you should have received in the PM that John ~ jopizz sent to you regarding things you should do, as a new Tbird owner that will be a big help to you. You should have found the link to it and I heartedly recommend that you read through it and take actions suggested. They will be a big help to you..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

John also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questions answer where you can and participate often
        Great to see another 59 survivor and is she registered in the TBird registry on our site?
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• captjohn
          Experienced
          • Nov 6 2018

TBird registry

Thanks for the welcome. Where do I find the registry? I've been looking to no avail.

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
          John also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questions answer where you can and participate often
          Great to see another 59 survivor and is she registered in the TBird registry on our site?

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, captjohn !!

Hi John, the Thunderbird Registry on our Forum can be found in the Technical Resource Library (TRL), the link to which is always part of my and John ~ jopizz signature element. Click on the TRL link and do a Ctrl F (for Find) and type in up in the upper left corner, Thunderbird Registry. It should take you right to the two entries. If you want to find out if your Tbird has already been registered by a previous owner, then click on this link. Enter the VIN # or if you know it is already registered, but do not know the Registry Number, and it will show you the information it has registered on that Tbird by a previous owner or spotter.

http://tbird.info/registry/Data_Sheet_list.php

If entering the VIN # or Registry Number brings nothing up, and you wish to register it, then click on this link and provide the VIN #, Data Plate information, and other information you want to register regarding your Tbird. You can also upload pictures of it.

http://www.tbird.info/register.htm

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• captjohn
              Experienced
              • Nov 6 2018

Got the car in today from Idaho (2300 miles). Somewhat rough but fixable. I'm a little out of my league on some of the work but I'll learn as I go with a lot of questions to ya'll. I updated the TBird Registry as it was already on there by a spotter. John said the update will be done later this week. Question: How do I get the info on my posts in the lower left hand corner where you have a picture of your car and info? I tried updating my signature with the RN (76495) as I thought that was it but don't see it.
              I don't have a good picture to post yet but would like the car info there. Mine is too ugly at this point so I'll try to find a pic of my Mother's Turquoise and White. My codes are 63A-E-9X and the car matches them. Oddly the seats are in the best condition of all but it has 15" wheels/tires and I just bought 4 - 14" correct hubcaps off ebay. Always something!. Thanks.

PS. I just noticed the signature is now there on this post. I was checking old posts thinking it would be there. Also joined VTCI website as per your suggestion and got the service manual in today. Thanks.
              Last edited by captjohn; November 21, 2018, 11:01 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

John now the journey begins
                Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• captjohn
                  Experienced
                  • Nov 6 2018

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
                  John now the journey begins
                  As soon as I get over the shock of how much work needs to be done.
                  The registry pic only tells a small part of the story.
                  Honest sellers still leave out important details and it's impossible to think of all the questions that need to be asked before buying.
                  I think what I need is an ole fashioned barn raising where all the club members come down here to help at one time!
                  I want to drive it today but that ain't happening.
                  Between my chickens and satsuma trees I can feed helpers and guarantee they'll lose weight on that diet!
                  Last edited by captjohn; November 21, 2018, 11:06 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

• jopizz
                    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I did see the car on Ebay when it was listed. As you said very seldom does the seller tell you the full extent of the damage. Hopefully you can do the majority of the work yourself. As with most classic cars that need a full restoration the cost of having to pay someone to do the work usually far exceeds the value of the vehicle. Most Squarebirds that don't come from dry climates suffer from serious rust issues that cost thousands to repair if you have to hire a professional to do it. Many of our members have done this work themselves and there are numerous threads that show how to properly repair rocker panel damage if you do a search. I don't want to discourage you but we have also had members that after realizing how much damage there is and how much it's going to cost decide that it's better to cut their losses. You will have to decide which way to go. Either way we are here to help in any way that we can.

John
                    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎