X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, klufkee !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, klufkee! Bill hales from Pennsylvania and owns a 1964 Landau Tbird! We always enjoy seeing pictures of our new members Tbirds. If you have any you want to share with us you can post them directly on our server as a Paid Member. To become one, have a PayPal account and click on the Donate to Site button at the top right of this Forum. Or you can create an account on one of the free picture hosting websites, upload your pictures there and post the link to them in Our Rides Forum. Or you can send them to me and I will post them for you. We have the greatest Tbird Techies from around the world on here. So if you need any help post away in the Flairbird Forum. They will be glad to help. I would recommend that you save my phone number should you ever need to contact me. Should you have any problems navigating our Forum, please contact me, or our webmaster, simplyconnected. His phone number is 248-544-8834. Enjoy The Journey!
    Last edited by YellowRose; February 15, 2012, 08:41 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • redstangbob
    Experienced
    • Feb 18 2011

Welcome Bill, nice to see you over here.

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Welcome, klufkee. It's always good to see another Pennsylvanian here. My folks were made in Pennsylvania (Wilkes-Barre) and so was Ray. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, klufkee !!

Hi Bill! Yup, Dave is right! My family came from around your general area, in the Hanover area and some still farm there. Most of the old folks are gone, but their children farm on. I lived in Idaville in the mid 40's for a number of years, on the Old Carlisle-Gettysburg Road. If you blinked going through it, you would miss it. I spent some years of my youth tramping the Gettysburg Battlefield many times, and the woods around my area. Later, we moved to Camp Hill, right across the Susquehanna from Harrisburg, until I joined the Air Force in '53. I have been back, over the years, and stopped in Idaville at times to see the old homestead. We truck farmed about 3 acres there. The house looks still looks like it did back in the 40's. We lived up on top of the hill as one headed to York Springs. Oh for the good ole days!

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• klufkee
          • Feb 14 2012

Wow! I don't believe I have ever received a welcome such as this!

Indeed my name is Bill and I live in York, PA. I am the proud owner of a 64 tbird which I am 'fixing up'.

I signed up here to keep tabs on my buddy Marcelo (NYsqurebird58) and his amazing find. He and I actually know each other outside of the digital realm as we share a passion for another type of car, the Toyota MR2, which is the polar opposite of the tbird. I sold mine when I bought the tbird as I try to limit myself to one toy at a time.

My 64 was fairly solid when I found her and allegedly she was capable of running. I didn't care to test that as my plan from the outset was a complete restore.

Once she entered my garage there was no turning back for her. Disassembly has been completed with the exception of the rear axle and I am currently working on getting the body down to bare metal, which takes FOREVER.

I'll start a thread in a while to get everyone up to speed on the whole project as I know everyone enjoys a good build and seeing the progress.

Again, thank you all for the very warm welcome! I certainly feel like I am amongst friends here.

Bill K.

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Welcome, klufkee !!

Hi Bill, and welcome aboard! It will take awhile, but keep in mind what she is going to look like down the road when you have her finished! She will be like a new car again! As you work on her, post your pictures in the "Flairbird" Form so we can watch the work on her continue on. The guys and gals on here will be glad to assist you in any way they can. Good luck with her, and I see you have been making good progress (but it seems like it is never fast enough!) with her. Keep going, as the end results will look fantastic!

Comment

• simplyconnected
              Administrator
              • May 26 2009

Originally posted by klufkee
              ...we share a passion for another type of car, the Toyota MR2, which is the polar opposite of the tbird. I sold mine when I bought the tbird...
              You did well by getting rid of that nasty rice burner, my son. And, you've served your penance by acquiring a good Thunderbird. Now, carry on with your restoration and sin no more.

When I spoke with Marcello over the phone, he mentioned nothing of this foreign embarrassment to every good, scrapple-eating Pennsylvanian. I will reckon with him later. - Dave
              Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
              --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Hey Bill,
                Welcome to Squarebirds! Awesome '64! Looks like you got her underway If you need anything, have any questions or just wanta comment on a post, type away! Also keep us posted about your progress with her! Another Thunderbird SAVED
                Once again welcome!
                Richard D. Hord

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
                  Experienced
                  • Feb 6 2012

Originally posted by simplyconnected
                  You did well by getting rid of that nasty rice burner, my son. And, you've served your penance by acquiring a good Thunderbird. Now, carry on with your restoration and sin no more.

When I spoke with Marcello over the phone, he mentioned nothing of this foreign embarrassment to every good, scrapple-eating Pennsylvanian. I will reckon with him later. - Dave
                  Aha! That's how you knew about my little secret!
                  VTCI# 11860
                  58HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37043 (Sold)

60HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37252 "Lucille" (Sold)

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
                    Experienced
                    • Feb 6 2012

Welcome aboard Bill! Glad you found the site!

I’ve actually known Bill for a couple of years now. He I and were very much involved in the MR-2 Spyder community and have participated in several cruises and meets. Look forward to doing the same thing in our T-Birds!
                    VTCI# 11860

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
                      Experienced
                      • Feb 6 2012

Bill’s MR-2 Spyder (sold)

My MR-2 Spyder (current)
                      VTCI# 11860

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎