Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Hackett says metal tariffs have cost Ford $1 billion in profits

Filed under: Earnings/Financials,Plants/Manufacturing,Ford,Lincoln
    The CEO says if the trade war goes on, "there will be more damage."Continue reading Jim Hackett says metal tariffs have cost Ford $1 billion in profits
    Jim Hackett says metal tariffs have cost Ford $1 billion in profits originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 26 Sep 2018 12:05:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

It's amazing how short everyone's memory is. When Ford made parts here (or bought parts that were made here) there were NO tariffs. Now that Ford is buying parts from the Orient, they might save money by manufacturing in North America again.

Isn't that the point? I heard the same sob story from Cummins, saying their blocks and heads are being tariffed. If you kept your foundries HERE, that wouldn't happen.

President Trump campaigned on, "Buy and Hire American". That's how he got elected. Bottom line: If Ford doesn't want to buy American, that's ok. President Trump worked hard to open our steel mills and supporting coal mines, iron mines, limestone quarries and all the transportation required for each of them. That's why our employment is back up.

Since we now have steel, does it make sense to buy steel parts from the Orient? Wake up, Ford. We had two foundries in Dearborn and another in Flatrock, MI, Cleveland Ohio, Windsor Ontario, and an aluminum foundry in Sheffield, Alabama. Henry put them there.
    My latest project:
    CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
    X