• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

Ford announces new plant to double capacity in China

Filed under: China, Plants/Manufacturing, Ford, Earnings/Financials

At present, Ford has the capacity, through its joint venture Changan Ford Mazda Automobile, to build about 600,000 vehicles per year in China. That's not enough to sustain the brand's expected growth, so it makes sense that the automaker has officially announced plans to build a new facility in Hangzhou.

This $760 million expansion will bring Ford's total investment in China to $4.9 billion, and it will double the automaker's production capacity in that country by 2015. Ford calls this its most rapid expansion in 50 years - not surprising, given that the Chinese automobile market is expected to crest 30 million vehicles by 2020 - and it will make this region in China its largest manufacturing base outside its traditional playground in Southeast Michigan.

Ford isn't saying what vehicle(s) it plans to build at this new Chinese plant, but it is suggesting that it will increase its available models from five to 15, along with 20 new powertrain options, by 2015. Feel free to read Ford's official press release by scrolling down below.Continue reading Ford announces new plant to double capacity in China
    Ford announces new plant to double capacity in China originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 19 Apr 2012 06:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

You heard it here first, plan on seeing Chinese Fords for sale in our showrooms at very attractive prices.

When Americans buy foreign, the manufacturing companies go there to produce more.

If you're not out of work yet, keep buying foreign. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Joe Johnston
      Super-Experienced
      • Dec 23 2008

As a UAW retiree I find all of this world economy difficult to accept in my old age. My wife and I try to buy American made products whenever possible, and it is difficult. The odd thing is often the American made items are less expensive especially if you check the major "store brands". If the vehicle that runs on compressed air from India ever makes the American market, we will be in even deeper trouble.

In short I feel very fortunate to have been a union member and worked when I did.

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

I'm with you, Joe.
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• SandyBoy
          Super-Experienced
          • Oct 31 2002

I, my family and other relitives, only buy G.M. Chrysler Corporation or Ford cars that are made IN the USA or Canada.

40% Chrysler Corp.
          35% Ford
          25% G.M.
          NEVER FOREIGN BRANDS

Sadly... Our Son bought a Lexus. It still bothers me !

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎