• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Robot
    The Source
    • Jan 29 2007

Ford investing $1.3B in Mexican plant that builds Fusion, MKZ

Filed under: Sedan, Plants/Manufacturing, Ford

Ford must be expecting the 2013 Fusion to be a hit when it arrives in showrooms this fall. As a way to make sure that demand won't outstrip production, Ford is investing $1.3 billion in its Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly facility. Hermosillo currently employs over 3,300 workers, and as part of its investment, Ford will be adding 1,000 new jobs in order to handle production of the 2013 Fusion and its Lincoln MKZ twin.

The Fusion, with its wide range of powertrains and exceptional fuel economy, has mainstream sedan-watchers eager for seat time, and the Lincoln MKZ will be a direct beneficiary of the work done on the Fusion. Ford isn't saying what its production capacity will be rising to after the upgrades are completed, but the company clearly wants to have enough available for every interested buyer. Scroll down for the official press release.Continue reading Ford investing $1.3B in Mexican plant that builds Fusion, MKZ
    Ford investing $1.3B in Mexican plant that builds Fusion, MKZ originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 02 Apr 2012 08:42:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Another Ford built out of the US! Thanks Ford.
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Yes, Richard... Ford has been making care abroad for many decades. All those profits from last year, did you think they came from the US? No, Ford made MILLIONS of cars in China.

These huge manufacturers aren't stupid, they go where the car sales are because it's all about money. As long as Ford's profits exceed returns from the banks, they are happy. When the CEO can bag $100 Million in two years, even the lottery stakes look paltry.

Pittsburg used to make steel. Not any more, we get steel from Mexico, the Ukraine, and everywhere else. So many times by the time we get the coils, there is rust all over them (domestic steel rarely had rust). No problem, cut off the first few wraps and get down to the business of making money.

I don't like it either, so I use Ford to MY advantage. I am very aware of the content of my vehicles and their powertrains. NONE of them have oriental engines or transmissions. They're made right here by Americans, parts are very reasonable, and with proper maintenance they give good service. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Jimz Bird
        Experienced
        • Feb 3 2011

EVEN the Thunderbird. Remember the story about the 40 or so Mexican built 55s? They have MEX in the VIN.
        Jim
        Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
        sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎