No announcement yet.

Greetings of the Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas to all Birders from winter storm central MN. 2 feet already, another foot on the way today. More coming Saturday. My snowblower is broken down, my neighbor's snowblower is broken down, so spending Christmas snowed in. Guess I'll break out the XC skis and the dog's harness and do a bit of ski-joring on the golf course this afternoon.

Just now went outside to take a picture of the snowbound 48 Panel and talked with my other neighbor. He's a small engine mechanic and has 4 snowblower sitting in his driveway. He told me two other neighbors have had blower breakdowns yesterday and today so he's loaning all of his blowers out to neighbors. Guess I'll be blow'n out my driveway after all.

As we celebrate Christmas it seams fitting that Christ's commandment to "Treat your neighbors as you would treat yourself" rings so true! Merry Christmas!
    Attached Files
    Best Birding,
    Jed Zimmerman
    '58HT and '48 Dodge Panel in MN
    Thunderbird Registry #3810 VTCI#7652
    sigpic

Comment

Glad you made it back safely Ray. I live up in N. Central Texas, Wichita Falls, to be exact. We were stuck at home & this "Blizzard" really changed people's Christmas plans up here. The National Gaurd was even called out!! They used Hummvee's and helicopters to rescue stranded motorists off major highways all around here!! People were stuck on highways & running out of gas (in the freezing cold) were they set!!

We set new records up here in Wichita Falls,TX & saw anywhere from 7-11" of snow in less than 24 hrs!! It truely was a WHITE Christmas. It reminded me of what it was like here when I was just a kid. LOL!!!

-Jon R.
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Greetings of the Season

Hi Jon!

I had heard that I missed the big stuff, which was further to the north of me. Glad I did! 2-3 inches was enough for me on that trip! I am glad I was driving southeast and not northeast or due east! I would have really gotten into the thick of it. I hope things have calmed down up there now!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
        "It's Hip To Be Square"
        Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Our local city street crews and DOT guys just removed 80% of the "mess" off our roadways.

Just now, at lunch, it started snowing again. We are to get another 1-3" before midnight today!! LOL!!

Oh well, I like some snow. It's just there are some crazy drivers around here (when the weather acts up) who really scare the holly heck outta me!

I'm at work, and my Bird is nesteled warmly in the garage.

-Jon in TX.
          sigpic
          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

We have spikes in our tires
            sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth"
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Greetings of the Season

Here is a greeting from 60-TBIRD in Austria! He wishes us all a Happy New Year in 2010. Here is what he is riding these days! I think he needs Anders tires with those spikes in them!
              Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
              "It's Hip To Be Square"
              Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Originally posted by YellowRose View Post
                Here is a greeting from 60-TBIRD in Austria! He wishes us all a Happy New Year in 2010. Here is what he is riding these days! I think he needs Anders tires with those spikes in them!
                If only the distributor was at the correct end of the motor it would really fly!!!
                A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Working...
                X