X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Top Ten Most Expensive Car Wrecks...

And there is not a Tbird among them! Thanks to Chris ~ bird 60, for sending this to me in email. I tried to copy/paste it over here, but that did not work. Besides, I think this looks better in the web page I just finished creating for this... Enjoy!!

http://squarebirds.fortunecity.com/T...eCarWrecks.htm
    Last edited by YellowRose; July 21, 2009, 10:14 AM. Reason: User ID correction

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Petrolhead
    Experienced
    • Jul 2 2007

Good page Ray, cool pics Chris - thanks.

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

Correction

'59 Thunder? Should be Chris (BIRD 60).

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

All I can say is, looks like some people need to learn how to drive!
        Richard D. Hord

Comment

• tarps3
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 21 2003

my office is near a college campus.

Those pics remind me of what I can expect in about another month around here....

texting+driving the fast new car you received for graduating high school+not knowing where anything is = havoc and destruction.

And we all wonder why our insurance rates keep going up...
          Casey

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My apologies, Chris! I got my Aussies mixed up! I just fixed it. I guess I should not work on web pages late at night when I am half asleep! I wanted to get that posted for ya'll to enjoy and it took me awhile to create the web page, but I think it came out okay. Yup, Casey, the same thing is going to happen all across the country when colleges and universities start back up again.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• tarps3
              Super-Experienced
              • Jul 21 2003

they ought to throw folks in jail for texting (typing!) while driving.

It's akin to negligent manslaughter.

I ride a motorcycle several days out of the week and I can't count the number of times I've literally been forced out of my lane because the yahoo next to me is looking at their phone and typing messages.

usually during rush hour...while driving in the passing lane...and drinking coffee...

if they hit me, they may scratch their car, but I might not walk away from it.
              yea - that's a good trade off for texting your friend about what they had for breakfast that day....

They've made cars too comfortable and easy to drive and people have lost respect for the damage they can cause.
              They are piloting a few thousand pounds of steel and plastic at 70 to 80 mph and barely looking at the road in front of them. It's a very large and destructive missile...

sorry. i jumped on the 'ol soap box there. I was run off the road yesterday afternoon on the way home and it's been on my mind since then.
              Casey

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Wow, Casey! I am glad YOU are still with us and able to be Texting to US this morning! Yes, it is bad out there on the roads even more so with the advent of the cell phone. I see people all the time driving with one hand and holding the phone with the other going 70mph. When I drive, before I leave the driveway, I have my headset/boom combination on my head. If anyone calls, at least I can talk with both hands on the wheel, and paying attention to traffic. All states should have a law that if you use your cell phone, you must use a headset/boom combo..

Comment

• bird 60
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Mar 18 2009

Ray, apology not required, thanks for doing the dirty work for me

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• tbird430
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jun 18 2007

Man I'm glad there were no T-Birds in those pics....

-Jon
                    sigpic
                    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Coral
                      Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

...thats because true bird lover's have a bit more gray matter engaged when driving out....

Comment

• GTE427
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Oct 9 2007

Re: XJ220, number seven on the list.

Sometime in the past, I think the 90's, NASCAR dreamed up a Legend Series of races that featured the likes of Buddy Baker, Junior Johnson, David Pearson, etc. This series was a limited number of races and each driver drove an XJ220, similar to the IROC series. Every time they hit the track, some of the cars got bent up, but they returned for the next race all straight and shiny only to get wrinkled again. It proved far too expensive to manitain the cars and the series didn't last.
                        Ken
                        1959 J Convertible
                        1960 J Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎